1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Mitro to Calgiari?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Judge Death, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Heed

Heed well known cheat

To be honest, I don't actually hear that many having much faith in him.
    At SJP, there's as many groans as anything else when he appears these days.

Certainly Rafa isn't convinced, and he'd be replaced first chance, if he could.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to see him succeed, but, I just don't see it happening.
    Caring for the club, doesn't really come into it - I give you Steven Taylor.

Irrespective of the above, I do think he's been a victim of Ashley's continual ****ing the club over.
    Expecting him to deliver from day one, in such a key role for the team, was a joke at best.

He'll not be moving on anytime soon anyway, so when it comes to it, he'll get my support when he plays, the same as any other player on the pitch.
    Hopefully, next time he plays, he can ram these words down my throat.

2. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Well put, if we signed a decent reputable striker I'd be open to selling the beast that is Mitro but tbh Perez, Jovetic et al don't inspire me with confidence as they are all aging, not highly prolific strikers who have no love for the club.

For me though I'd still sell Gayle ahead of him, Hammy's are a problem and if they are alright he is worried about them. In the Champ it was alright as he knew he'd score hatfuls but EPL I just cant see him doing it.

At 22 Mitro has time on his side and the passion to do well here if given a bit of patience.

3. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't say I have faith in him - just hope. I've never wanted a player to succeed more.

4. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

This 100% for me.

5. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

He scores for Serbia but that might have something to do with the fact that he starts games.

ps I'll see him in the flesh Tuesday week,Rep. of Ireland playing Serbia

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't think Mitrovic is that bad. He looks leaner and fitter this year which is good to see because he definitely had conditioning issues last year. He looked unfit as far as professional footballers go. That really isn't acceptable at all. Everyone has their own opinion about him of course. Coupled with that everyone has an opinion about those like him (and their reasons for doing so), and those who don't like him (and their reasons for doing so).

I do think he is one of those who seems to polarise people. His opportunities over the last 2 years have been extremely limited. I would obviously say those who say he is useless and can't score goals are talking rubbish (and they'd say likewise about me). I think people forget his age and how young that is for that type of striker. I remember Shearer's scoring record at that age in a poor Southampton side.

Personally I'd struggle to put 100% faith in him scoring the goals to keep us up, or maintaining enough discipline to warrant being the main man.

However I do think he is a very useful option to have in the squad. He suffers from him not being good enough to carry our scoring needs on his own and a lack of patience. I also think he will score goals at this level given the opportunity and time. The problem we have is we don't have the luxury of developing him in the first team because we are not very good. His international record in the last two years suggests he is improving and his ratio is good. I think he has 7 in 10 games for them. The majority have come in competitive games against decent opposition.

I just think he needs time, coaching and a bit of support.

7. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Yep - think he's definitely a "confidence" player - needs a run of games in the team to get sorted.

I think half the time he's so desperate to do well for us, he ends up putting in the stupid tackle or snatching at a shot rather than just playing naturally.

He does well in Internationals because he knows he has that level of confidence in him

Ultimately, to succeed here, he needs the manager to offer him a long run up front or as part of a front two (perish the thought) to let him settle down - however with Rafa I suspect he's not going to get that at all...

8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Mitrovic has been coming too deep and getting too involved in the build up in my opinion - certainly last season he went looking for the ball a lot. I'd like the manager to tell him to be single minded and just wait for the ball to come to him in the box. Train him on purely on movement, finishing and heading. He's snatched at too many chances in the past but note that he has been getting in scoring positions consistently so that is a big positive, and I agree he is still young enough that his game should continue to improve in the next few years.

Heed and anyobrien like this.
  9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest, who gives a ****. Nowt we can do, he goes, he stays, who gives a ****. We'll still play bollox football and lose.

10. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

Ha ya reet

11. General Lee Speaking

What a stupid bastard for elbowing the West Ham player off the ball. 3 match ban I should imagine.

12. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very disappointing - he even does it when we are 2-0 up and playing well. Like he has a constant red mist.

13. NufcNavan

NufcNavan Active Member

Can't get around the fact he's a scummer. Get rid.

14. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

This is it, I never doubted the talent but I doubt the mentality. Be a sibierski/ketsbaia and turn that rage into something dynamic and different. Orrrrr just look like a red card walking and no manager in their right mind will take the risk.
    Ironic that he (ironically) keeps calm in the celebration, and yet is looking down the face of another ban.

15. General Lee Speaking

Could be that he already knows he's going and simply doesn't care about getting banned. If he's going to remain then Rafa will have some serious words with him. Stay or go, he needs to cut that **** out. He could forge a good career for himself; it's all there there in front of the lad for the taking.