1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Millwall v Gillingham

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Millwallsteve, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    v
    please log in to view this image

Apart from Tony Craig, we're free of any other injuries or suspensions for this Saturday’s clash with Gillingham.

Fred Onyedinma picked up a knock against Wycombe and missed the JPT win over Southend, but he was in the squad that travelled to Oldham last weekend. Midfielder Jimmy Abdou could also start his first game since the 5-3 defeat to Peterborough on October 3.

Neil Harris watched Gillingham a number of times last season when John Marquis was on loan at the club, and the Millwall boss was left with a good impression of Justin Edinburgh’s side. “I saw a lot of Gillingham towards the end of last season when they had a fantastic run,” Harris said. “They have a great work ethic and real energy in their team.

“I knew watching them they were going to be a strong side this season. They are very well organised, very committed, and physically very strong. “It’s going to be another really tough challenge for us. We’ll have to put in a fully committed display and show our quality to come out on top in the game.”

Gillingham surrendered their unbeaten home record last weekend when they lost 3-0 to Burton but defender John Egan said that setback hasn’t dented their confidence.

Egan told Kent Online: “From what I’ve seen in training, it doesn’t look like it has hurt the lads. Everyone was buzzing around and if we can put that to one side and get over it quickly, that is the way to be. We’ll put the disappointment to one side and go again. “My attitude hasn’t changed. I am still fearless and don’t care who I am playing against. We can beat anyone in this league and hopefully we can go to Millwall, get our performance right and get something from the game.”

Striker Luke Norris could return to the Gillingham squad this weekend after two months out injured. However, Edinburgh will be without captain Doug Loft for the clash after he was sent off against the Brewers.

Form guide (Last five fixtures)

Millwall: LWLLW

Gillingham: WLWDL

Sky Bet odds

Millwall 11/10 Draw 5/2 Gillingham 12/5

Probable Millwall team

4-4-2: Archer; Edwards, Webster, Beevers, J Martin, Upson, Williams, Saville, O’Brien, Gregory, Morison.

COYL let's ruin the pikies' Christmas. :emoticon-0116-evilg <laugh> <party>

2. brb

brb CR250

I expect you to beat us comfortably 3-0. I see Loft's absence as captain is mentioned but the guy is a waste of space the best of times. Dack is by far your biggest threat and don't take any notice of Gillingham supporter messiah chatter about Cody, so much so, if Cody turns you over i will laugh my frigging head off.

Luke Norris's return is about as much threat as well...

JE is a good manager, and he himself has said we are punching above our weight, i certainly am not expecting a top two finish season end, far from it! The more financially well balanced clubs will take the autos, while Gills will be left struggling when Dack departs in January, that last bit not even said yet, and i take no notice of rumours but imho he will defo go.

So Gills will be left with an outside chance of play-offs, but with Posh and Wall both vying for those positions too, it could well make an interesting end of season game when we meet again.

Currently i think the table will finish like this but way to early but best guess...

Coventry
    Wigan

Then four from;
    Gills
    Wall
    Posh
    Wallsall
    Burton
    Bradford