1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Millwall v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

A quick turnaround and another tough away game at the Den, luckily this is only 15 minutes from my work and I will be attending.

After a good run of not losing in about 10 games under new boss Rowett and getting to the edge of the play offs Millwall have only 1 point from there last 3 games. They have been trying to change there style of play a little shown by the January’s signing of ex Brentford player Ryan Woods in midfield.
    Jed Wallace is there danger man but to me always seems to try and do to much on his own. He is the master of running into trouble throwing himself on the ground for a free kick which then causes mayhem
    Cooper and ex Fulham defender Hutchinson are solid at the back but lack pace.
    Millwall were on tv Sunday and the pitch did not look good at all if there is still a bit of wind and rain about it maybe hard to get our passing game going

For Fulham Knockeart was back on the bench against Blackburn and could get a start. Kongolo May have started but apparently picked up a slight knock despite only playing 8 minutes. Personally I would give StefJo a start over Onamah.

2. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Great set of results for us tonight. Let's hope the boys grab the opportunity tomorrow.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I'm in Singapore, the match is in the middle of the night here so please give them a shout for me.
    Millwall will be looking for revenge from the early season annihilation we dished out, so it will be a tough game. We are getting the team fit and well now so have a good chance to go second tonight. COYW's.

4. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Only the 2 Millwall players offside at their goal, easy mistake to make <doh>

5. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I got a stream at 4.30 am and watched the 2nd half. We commanded and could well have won. I hear that their goal was offside but haven't seen it. At least we keep the unbeaten run going and next up we have Barnsley which we should win.
    Any comments on the game are welcome.

6. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Two Millwall players are clearly in offside positions at the goal, the debate is whether the ball came off Onomah last meaning they wouldn't be offside. The ref and linesman had a chat but surely neither could know for sure in the moment with the box surrounded so have likely guessed and given benefit of doubt to the attacking team.

IMO you need to go with what you know for sure, we know for sure the Millwall players are offside, the rest is up for debate. I just hope its not a decision that will come back to haunt us.

2whitestripes likes this.
  7. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

I think we played at too slow a pace last night and just didn't create enough chances. Fair play to Millwall they played a good game and deserved the draw but it was a missed opportunity. Good crowd in from Fulham.

8. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I might have the offside rule wrong but I don’t think who touches the ball LAST comes into it.... the moment the Millwall player flicks it on its offside and the flag should go up irrelevant of if it then hits a Fulham player and continues through to the striker!!!

2whitestripes likes this.