1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Millwall @ home thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Dec 12, 2016.

1. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

Today is the day we stop the rot against the Milwall, i can feel it ! An easy win !

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly (c), Teixeira, Bauer, Page, Crofts, Konsa, Byrne, Chicksen, Aribo, Magennis. #cafc #CAFCLive

Not convinced about the line up. Definitely worried about my -1 handicap. Guess Byrne and chicksen will swap between 4-5-1 and 4-3-3?

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Plenty of options off the bench today though, including Tricky Ricky Holmes
    #NoExcuses

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Some nerves still kicking around but think we're edging it.

Hope Holmes can make a difference (if he comes on)

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Got away with it today. No better than last time, Millwall couldn't score

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Frustrating as hell. Think we did enough to win and looking forward to seeing the second disallowed goal (ref was ****).

Actually enjoyed today, but think it was more because of the derby. Have a good evening, gents.

7. User deleted as requested

Two poor sides.

I thought we shaded the first half, but they were the better in the second and really had 2 chances to win. Worrying that we seemed to run out of energy and legs, even with Aribo and Konsa (both decent) in the middle. The injuries to Magennis and Page clearly disrupted us, but I was disappointed with da Silva and Byrne today and Tony Watt ran up to his handicap mark. He always gets a lovely <applause> warming up, but I am mystified as to what he is trying to do on the pitch. He doesn't look fit for starters.

Robinson is a hot air merchant - this team would get minus points in the Championship and we are nowhere near play off standard.

An average team with a big gob manager.

The midget ref was terrible.

8. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

Byrne got stuck in in the first half, looked decent. Fizzled out as the game went on

9. ForestHillBilly

How have Tex and BFG become so shaky?

10. Miketyson2007Junior

Only against Millwall, Tex being sent off was the hilight of the day though

11. ForestHillBilly

Solves a problem though. Move Konsa back to his natural position, put Holmes on the right in his natural position

The Kish likes this.
  12. Miketyson2007Junior

I thought Konsa looks decent in midfield, he's a good centre back too though.

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Just saw the second "goal" - ref has had a mare. Could see from the west upper Bauer didn't touch archer.

14. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

One of the worst decisions I've seen the disallowed goal

15. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Having seen the 'goal' on the CAFC website (a bit embarrassing they are showing it - you expect the club to just 'get on with the game' rather than go back oer a decisiĆ³n that was made the day before and won't be changed) and I cannot for the life of me see a problema. I can only asume the ref couldn't imagine their keeper could be so clumsy without some sort of push by our player, but that is hardly a sound refereeing technique.
    That aside, I followed this on the text updates while at a childrens birthday. It's considered rude to go to a party and be glued to your mobile so I sneaked off every now and then and found out the adults all think I've got a bladder problem :).
    In the end, a couple of injuries (plus the lack of decent striker options on the bench) made the 0-0 about as good as we could hope for. On another day they could have scored a couple in the second half. Once again, our combination of youth and the likes of TWWW not having played for a month dictate our level. I imagine from what I have read that our transfer business is done, so I expect us to limp on through the season, and be about 7th to 10th come the end of the season. And be expected to be gratefull for it.

DickPlumb and DonCorleone like this.
  16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Think you're right, Ken. 7-10th is where i see us finishing and due to a few injuries the apologists will have their excuses in for why we werent promoted.

Then we start from square one in the summer.

17. ForestHillBilly

We can see now just how bad the ref's howler was, but the ref's performance was in keeping with the general standard of play. One or two plus points in retrospect: Solly looked like the Solly of old. I liked the way Aribo was able to make space for himself, and was always looking to get the ball down and play on the ground, quite difficult when the ball is in the air most of the time. Enjoy him while you can.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  18. User deleted as requested

We are already a laughable 20 points behind Sheffield Utd. Too many points squandered in draws to equally bad sides. You can make all the excuses you like about the managerial chaos - many of them valid - but the bottom line is that this group of players are simply not very good.
    We have had good players over the last 2.5 years, but Solly apart they have all been flogged off and replaced with inferior ones. Our other stellar performer during this era - Jackson - has understandably come to the end of the road as a player. People talk about Bauer and Teixera but they were both very average v Millwall. And I am still <laugh> at the performance of the "Main Man" when he replaced Josh. Awful <applause>

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

<laugh> You know I copyright my pictures, right?

Bauer appears to be a defender that needs an 'experienced defender with a steady head' next to him. I love big Tex's passion, and he's a goal threat from set pieces but the truth is he is often exposed at the back. Happy with balls when played long, but strikers running at him or over his shoulder is problematic.

20. User deleted as requested

Who do you think will replace Bauer and Tex v Scunthorpe ?

Looks like the Dream Combo of Roger Johnson and Harry Lennon <whistle>, unless Konsa drops back.