1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Millwall @ home thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Dec 12, 2016.

1. CAFC TED

CAFC TED Well-Known Member

First time I've posted on here since... ooo maybe April, this wonderful performance against Millwall has dragged me out.... simply

WOW

2. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Ted mate, it can't be as bad as Peterborough or Swindon. Apart from the fact we're losing yet another derby match of course. Funny thing is, I thought we might come out and snatch this one......

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Being kept in by the police, so a brief summary of the match tonight

Two teams of equally limited ability. We conceded two very poor goals in the first half, after which we were booed off. A glimmer of hope after Ajose scored, but our central midfield predictably ran out of legs and we were pushed back. After their third we offered nothing. Our defence was really really poor tonight and it is hard to see Robinson lasting long at this rate. Only Jackson got a clap from our very p1ssed off fans at the end and Robinson in particular got stick from ours.

The defeat tonight was de rigeur - the manner of it was unacceptable.

5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I wasn't there so I'm curious about the effort put in. You can't expect players to go beyond their ability. Church was a player who drove some fans mad, but he never hid, never gave less tan everything, and I wish him whatever success he can get. We have a team who really don't have the highest skill ratings availible. While I will happily slate RD forever, the players who give everything can't be blamed. Slade got this motely crew together, and I reckon he realised he had created a monster long before Rd shoved him out the door. Robinson came in and seemed to offer football. He also talks a good game, which is getting irritating as he seems incapable of getting his team to play one. But he is still stuck with the Slade XI.
    I still don't understand why Lookman takes corners - do we have NOBODY who can get the ball into the área FFS? But as a club, we are way beyond attracting decent players. Robinson needs to strengthen the squad - he either does it or he will end up being shoved into the same pit CP was pushed into. But sadly, our squad is so dire, I can't bring myself to blame the players yet. Lazy is one thing, but some are simply por by all accounts. And that comes down to the people who brought them in and the owner who sanctioned the transfer activity.
    Merry Christmas.

6. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

Still trying to get home, can't wait for Lewisham council to kick them out and I can buy a hipster flat there. Bermondsey will be a beautiful gentrified neighbourhood soon.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Our record v you lot in last 20 years

DWDWWDDWW

Overall
    P73 W35 D26 L12

Did you know it's the most one sided local derby in world football?
    I wish we could play you again in a few weeks <whistle>

8. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

9. User deleted as requested

Your fans get younger and spottier every season #BenSherman

Miketyson2007Junior likes this.
  10. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Yours are still the same

please log in to view this image

11. User deleted as requested

Our defence was horrible tonight. Their first goal was a free header in the 6 yrd box. The second was very similar to Peterborough's on Saturday - they walked right through us without a challenge. The third Morison was given all the time in the world to pick his spot. Why can't Stan Boardman in the dug outbsee that Jackson and Crofts ran out of petrol and gave our out of form defenders no protection ? The closing down and tracking back was also pitiful tonight, with Lookman again the worst culprit.

This current side really is utterly utterly dreadful. As was widely predicted 5 months ago, as soon as Ricky Holmes was out it would struggle. Hey Presto

Ken Shabby and ForestHillBilly like this.
  12. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

One moment summed it up for me. Lookman was having a tussle with a defender in front of our fans, the ball broke loose. Millwall had a player backing up, ours was standing 5 metres away watching in a sort of laconic manner. That summed up the difference in terms of team spirit and motivation. We saw professional footballers like Tex and Crofts hoof the ball high in the air with nobody near them. You'll see better from a pub team. We've got worse since Slade was sacked. Seriously. Konsa is not a RB, and it's unfair to play him there. 2 dire performances on the trot now. Players not wanting the ball. One good attack in 90 minutes which resulted in a goal. Even the Roland Out songs were half-hearted. Bah Humbug.

13. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

If the council get their way we may never have to play them again...sorted

14. CAFC TED

CAFC TED Well-Known Member

Just going to go on football manager and win against Millwall on that, its easy, don't see why we struggle :emoticon-0127-lipss

Seriously, I was watching on a bad stream but I turned it off after 70 minutes, was dire, I've only ever left 1 game early in my life (that protest walk out last season) but would have been tempted too tonight if I had gone, especially if it stopped me being kept back and watching that sh!te

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I'm in no rush to go back.

Prior to kick off I thought with Tex and Bauer that they'd struggle to create, let alone score 3. In the opening passage when we actually appeared to settle quicker, those two (esp tex) seemed confident, both being clever with the ball. As soon as Gregory ran at them though, they smelt the blood and it became all too easy. As a partnership you can't have two defenders who fear being run at.

The midfield is a mess and won't change without significant investment. If Lookman is to be sold then do it now in preperation for Jan 1st.Two games where Ajose has played out wide, which is remarkable considering his effort is constantly 50%.

Lookman in the middle Was something you try in training, see it's horrible and get out of your head. Not risk in a London derby.

Erm - what else? It was crap. Atmosphere good until 3-1.

16. User deleted as requested

Looks increasingly like at least another 18 months stuck in the wastelands of League One. Minimum. Yes, "Roland pays the bills" but he has not the slightest clue of how to run Charlton properly, nor the humility or self awareness to want to learn. So the vicious cycle continues - Lookman and Konsa join Gomez, Cousins, Pope etc in departing, 90% of the fee goes to cover the losses that are being caused by the incompetence...and the team gets weaker still as "No.8" is forced to shop for bargain basement signings - the previous 7 showed what that gets you. Results continue to flatline and after 20 games "No.8" is replaced by that non entity alumni of AS Vita [Congo] and Melbourne Pirates.

And so it all begins again.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

And the apologists hold out for another transfer window. Then the next one.

Then the next one.

And the one after that.

Then another.

Miketyson2007Junior likes this.
  18. User deleted as requested

19. User deleted as requested

Two of the most famous apologists/ Care In The Community Cases appeared NOT to be at the game last night, but were quickly onto their keyboards at full time to denounce the fans that were.

They go by the names of Colin and Nigel.

DickPlumb likes this.
  20. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Got to say, out of all the Charlton "lets roll over and let Millwall rub our tummies" I've seen in the last 20 years - that was your best effort so far <ok>

That is the easiest victory we will have this season!!

Edit - We play you again in a few weeks so might not be the easiest <ok>

Miketyson2007 likes this.