1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Millwall F.C. vs Leeds United Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by DamnedUnited, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At least seasons before when we were getting beat you could see us getting a goal or two. I just cannot see where our next goal is coming from. If we concede the best we can hope for is a draw. If this doesn't get sorted asap we will be in for a relegation battle no doubt about it. We will always concede a goal but we won't always score one not alone two.

2. Clive Alive

Clive Alive New Member

If you can't score goals you're in a relegation battle it's as simple as that.

It got too close for comfort last season with a lot more goals in the team.

3. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

But Ristac Eddie Gray and Thom Kirwin say we are so hard to beat!!! We are in deep **** if we don't get some class in. I think McD needs to stop messing with the team and play the same eleven every week to let them gel. 'Trying to find a way to win' is not working, go back to trying to find a way not to lose.

4. Dublin_Leeds

Dublin_Leeds Member

Not a terrible performence from us but we need a minimum investment of £10 million and for the jan tranfer window. The only hope we have of that is for our skint arab owners to flog us to a rich yorkshire man(little chance) or to minted arabs.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We are NO harder to beat than other seasons, instead of losing 4-3 and 3-2 we just lose 1-0 and 2-0 now.

6. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

The goals dried up a few games before Warnock was sacked and haven't returned.

Even then we weren't exactly scoring for fun.

Reality is is that we're still running with a lot of Warnock's one-season-wonders who, despite playing better under McDermott, aren't good enough.

Varney - playing well, still not good enough
    Peltier - playing well, still not good enough
    Pearce - playing well, still not good enough
    Warnock - was playing well, still not good enough, now his head has gone he's even worse
    Green - playing well or not, still not good enough

And that's just the players who played today. 4 of those walk into our starting 11 without any argument at the moment and they simply aren't good enough.

7. MarkoLUFC

****s sake they've barely had a chance to sort out the mess, you seriously need to stop this "GFH out" ****.

8. MarkoLUFC

Because the reality is we're creating some chances but ever since that clown Warnock thought it was a good idea to get rid of our only decent finisher we've had nobody who can put the ball in the onion bag.

How many chances have we had this season that Becchio would have scored easily?

9. andykc

andykc New Member

AS I stated on another thread recently and in total agreement with the last poster, why the hell is Becchio not still here?
    He cant even get a game in the Norwich 3rd team.
    What a waste of talent.
    Not a world class striker but he can score in the Championship for fun.

I look back at our division1 team with Howson, Snodgrass, Becchio, Becford etc .and the adding Gradel in the Championship and knew that that team was always capable of beating anyone, including giving premiership teams a fright

But now we are impotent and going nowhere

10. DamnedUnited

DamnedUnited Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you except I'd argue Peltier isn't playing well at the minute, but still not good enough. Add this to the Becchio situation and it's plain to see just how much damage Warnock did to us with his transfer dealings. Unfortunately that won't change until their contracts start running out.

11. Clive Alive

Clive Alive New Member

You can talk about Warnock's signings all you want but our worst players are McDermott signings.

12. MarkoLUFC

We haven't seen the best of them yet, so you can't possibly say that with any conviction.

We've seen the best of the mediocre players that Warnock brought in and they simply aren't good enough.

In a years time if Smith and Hunt are still not doing the business then yes you will have a point, but until then, stick a ****ing sock in it you bore.

13. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Cobblers - they spent 8 or 9 months developing their strategy and due diligence into Leeds including financial planning for post purchase. They have no interest in the club, its just an asst for them. They have not brought in the cash for key players, stating that us customers will have to wait a few more f***ing years to get back in the top flight.

No investigations in K Bates by either them, YEP, the FA or local MP's etc to give the fans answers and clarity on the clubs finances over recent years.
    We are losing ground everyday as premiership TV revenues rise and rise for those clubs in that league

There has been no clarity on the rumours that they stand to make a payout to K Bates if we get promoted this year - confirm tue or not to put the fans in the know

I wont accept this, after 10 years of utter ****e and watching other clubs take their chance of promotion.

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just hope we are not saying the same in 12 months time about Murphy, Hunt and Smith. No doubt Murphy has the ability to become a great signing but to spend virtually your entire budget on him??

15. DamnedUnited

I think Murphy has added value to the team, he's better than Norris or Green in that role for me. I'm not so sure about Hunt or Smith at the minute, but I'm willing to give them some time before making the leap to declaring them awful signings or anything. I hope we aren't though Ristac, I really do.

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Trust me, Hunt and Smith are not going to get any better, they were awful signings and I said so the day we signed them. I even predicted they wouldn't score 20 goals between them.

17. DamnedUnited

<laugh> guess you've made that leap then!

18. MarkoLUFC

ARGH PANIC FEAR LETS ALL RUN AROUND LIKE ITS THE END OF THE WORLD OH ****ING NO

That's all I read from responses like this.

They have planned ahead, but it takes TIME to pay off debts and unnecessary liabilities. It doesn't happen over night. It doesn't matter how much they know about ken bates dodgy dealings before hand it still takes time to sort out. The only other outcome could have been they saw it was **** and walked away, and we'd now be sans McCormack and with a worse manager and probably in League One.

The reality is that certain aspects of the business, including whether or not they are to pay ken bates more money on promotion, are none of our business.

What they are doing with the club is our business. If they weren't backing the manager to do what he needs to do then you'd be seeing McDermott getting stressed out in the same way that Warnock did last summer when he wasn't getting backed the way he'd hoped.

It's a long term strategy, because short term strategies don't work and we've seen that time and again, which is WHY it's been 10 years we've been out of the top flight. Ridsdale and bates failed to plan for long term and went with short term fixes for on the field problems.

If you don't like it, go support another club. Watford are doing well, they are looking like they'll get promoted and "take their chance", why not go support them?

19. Clive Alive

Clive Alive New Member

They won't score 10, Ristac.

20. MarkoLUFC

Then we will sell him, because he is young and is obviously talented.