1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Miles off.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I still think we're miles off being serious contenders for next season although in a much better place now with Warnock.

No question finishing mid table after that disastrous Trollope start he inherited is worthy of praise - Warnock was the clearly right man for the job at the time. Judging Warnock's ability against Trollope is a pointless exercise though - it's like comparing Superman with Mr. Bean.

We were outside the transfer window when Warnock arrived and had to make do with freebees, but it's not fair to say he wasn't given additional cash for wages. Bamba, Hoilett, Richardson and Chamakh didn't come here and play for nothing for 3 months. Of those 4, only Bamba has been a real success but I'll take that any day. Little or no money in January resulted in Halford arriving - a waste of time and wages.

The points being made above are about the style of football we want to watch at the club not just it's effectiveness. Would I take a slog of a season battling our way toward the top without much finesse to achieve promotion - you bet I would!

That wasn't the point being made though. Winning is an essential part of enjoying your football, but it's not the complete answer. I'd like to see some Fulham/Barnsley/Brentford stuff as well along the way. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of Warnock.

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

All down to the deals Colin can pull off this summer.

CCS will have a real revolving door with many to leave. Looks like we're stuck with Lambert for another season unless some other suck....., er, club comes along and offers him enough wages to tempt him. I'm not fussed on Hoilett - lacks pace to get away from defenders and Pilks is past his sell by date. I'm afraid Whitts will have to go and then there are the multitude out on loan of which Kennedy is the only one I can see being given another chance. Although has he found his level?

It's the rumour mill for incoming that I look forward to, all very quiet at present.

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Warnock has already spoken to six players about joining. He wants his business concluded early June.

Think he'll be one where the first thing you know about it is a photo of the player with a shirt.

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Bump.

I know u wont mind Sparkey.<cheers>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not a bit Hilts - absolutely buzzing and I pocketed £504 this afternoon on the strength of it. <ok>

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Nice one.<cheers>