1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mike Catt as attack coach

Discussion in 'International Rugby Union' started by potter, Jul 3, 2012.

1. potter

potter New Member

Has Mike Catt really proven himself to be the man to enhance the English attacking to such a level it could match the attacking standards set by the Aussies and All blacks. For me during the tour of South Africa England didn't show a great level of attacking skill or intelligence. For me I thought we would dee more moves and more creativity, also England lacked percision and actual awareness.

For me the RFU could look at much better candidates, I understand they couldn't get their first choice and the best they could of got in Wayne Smith, however people like Nigel Davies who recently went to Gloucester would for me been a good choice because his encouragement of no fear rugby plus the player intelligence he encourages. This involves playing what's in front of them, this is how I would like the England team to be coached, not like robots. Other candidates like former Bath coach Steve Meehan could of been a good choice.

For me If they want an English man then I can't really see different alternative. We could see a greater attacking performance during the 2013 six Nations, but I cannot see this happening so in my opinion they have to look at a foreign based coach to enhance the English attacking game.

2. King_opener

King_opener New Member

Is this a joke?

Mike Catt was excellent as attack coach, they played some beautiful rugby .

You are an arrogant gloucester fan.

3. Jag

Jag New Member

He never said he was a bad coach, however he doesn't think that he can enhance the english attacking game to a level of which the All Blacks perform at.

But I do agree with potter, the english attack was poor. But could he really may any huge changes in such a sort amount of time? But look at Lancaster did in an short amount of time before the 6 nations.

I don't think he did anything that stood out at London Irish and I went to see them play a quite a few times and they didn't really impress me with their attack.

4. King_opener

King_opener New Member

I never implied that he said he was a bad coach.

I'm just saying that you say what he said when he hasn't had any thing at the job to prove his worth is stupid. England did play some wonderful rugby and Catt should be offered a full contract.

Farrell, Tuilagi, Barritt are really good together.

5. potter

potter New Member

Then why was Farrell dropped. That combo don't work and never will. Barritt has no attacking bone in his body and I am a firm believer that Tuilagi is better suited at 12. PLus Farrell hasn't got the creativity to be a top class international, there's more to a fly halve the just kicking.
    For me England need JJ at outside for his pace combined with Tuilagi's power not only gives a better balance but it has more chance of being a better attacking unit. Just look at the first try at the first test, JJ gave us the platform for that score with the break.