1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michu - Legend

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swans-cartoonhead, Oct 4, 2013.

1. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=334604

Miguel Pérez Cuesta, you are a legend! Didn't think my admiration of the guy could get any higher, but reading this I think he would have played on if his head had been kicked clear off of his shoulders!!

We have shown that we can play the pretty stuff, but against St Gallen we showed that we could scrap as well. Was nowhere near the best performance, but the way we battled and earnt the three points made me very proud. We are not going to dominate possession all the time, and we will have off days, but the ability to win ugly is another weapon in our armoury!

We have been both praised and criticised for the passing game - pretty but no end product has been a regular criticism from press and pundits but on Tuesday we witnessed some real 'steel' in the team; we didn't play as well as we can, but got the three points regardless - how many times have we dominated possession and came away losers?

I love the way we play and wouldn't change it for the world - but it is very pleasing that we now seem to have learnt how to under-perform and still get a result!

Four more points out of the remaining games should see us through the group and then it is a lottery with one off knock-out games!

Can we win it? Why not!!!! And with a warrior like Michu on our side who do we really need to fear?

2. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

No arguement from me.

3. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

He`s defo going in the swans hall of fame a massive player for us

4. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Michu - legend??

Absolutely.

Think this clip, we've all seen, say's it all for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-I3AUX6sM

Well maybe not as such, cos I haven't got a clue what he's saying. But I think he (commentator) seems to agree he's a legend too!!...

5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Yep, no argument from me.

6. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

If we had a team of Michus we would win the Champion's League. Yes, even with a Michu in goal. :biggrin:

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

His all round game is now being witnessed for what it is an extremely talented player with the heart of a lion , he brings so much more which is unique in todays game in being totally committed to the cause and plays for the shirt ,If he moves on then I'll have been privileged to have witnessed probably the best player to have seen live in a Swansea shirt.

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

He's a very good player, but surely has to play for more than one and a bit seasons to be a legend??

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

To be a football legend in general - yes he has to to do it a few more seasons yet, but as a legend for our club - he's already there because some of the victories he's helped us achieve - just like the Arsenal match in the link - will go down as some of the greatest moments in our history. I'm pretty sure all Swans fans will never ever forget him.

10. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

Michu is something special, a player we have rarely if ever seen the like of before who gives 100% total commitment every time he puts on a Swans shirt. Not only that but he has a great football brain with the ability to make and score goals. Am really enjoying this period of our history with this guy playing for us, will look back in future and wax lyrical about an amazing Spanish player who gave his blood, sweat and tears for us.