1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Jackson Statue

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Singing Blue 3, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

The owners choice of pop idol statue at the Fulham FC football ground appears a little odd, would he have been better advised to have erected a statue of George Michael, after all he is reportedly well known as a Cottager? Any thoughts guys?

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Didn't George Michael support W.ham?

As is so often the case in life, a strength is also a weakness. So when we supporters rightly say we were here before Mo and will be here afterwards, it is this loyalty that football clubs have always exploited. Not only do true fans have pride that they don't switch alliances they look down upon those who do, especially for glory, and as the clubs know this they get away with so much. At Fulham I think ticket prices, especially for youngsters, are good compared to many, but the recent cynical fixture changes and the diabolical & overpriced food are two of my grouches. I suppose at least we've now got a target we can lob the remains of our burgers at - I'm talking of this latest statue.

3. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Paraphrasing a clever Chelsea fan, at least Fulham didn't play £50M for its statue.

Rocky, you're right as usual. There are more serious things about which one can complain.

The nice thing about statues is they make great targets for vandals and practical jokers. Before moving to Germany, I lived in Portland, Oregon, USA, where a bunch of bronze beavers were stationed around the state court house. Well, someone there unbolted one of the beavers and took it around the world, sending pictures to the mayor of the beaver with the Great Wall of China, the Eifel Tower, Tower Bridge, etc., in the background. It made for quite a story.

I think there's room for fun with this statue. Every dad with a five-year-old ought to prop his son up there for a picture.

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

How on earth did they get a bronze beaver in their luggage and through customs?

"Any hand luggage, Sir?"
    "Only this bronze Beaver."
    "That's fine, Sir. Just as long as it fits in the overhead locker."

5. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Don't want to boast but I've seen beavers in a variety of colours in my time.

6. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Rocky, good comment... I think Mo sees the statue as another revenue stream. Imagine how many "muppets" would come to see it... LOL

7. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I love the way Mo said if FFC fans don't like it go and support Chelsea. What a lovely man he is..