1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Hector

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Jul 17, 2012.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

No but a lot of clubs are after him so he must be good, hopefully we get him then.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

GFCSTU No ( to your question ) - but he played in the 3 games ( 2 wins and a draw ) that saved Barnet last season. Looks a good one for centre back - even if on a season loan as part of a deal with Payne. If we can get Gazza back on loan ( I know he hasn't gone..... yet ) we can concentrate on another forward, left back, oh and somebody quick

4. HOADIE_BOI

I have just seen something which says he is on the verge of a loan move to a League 1 club, I think that will probably be Crawley, that would be a shame as I am liking the idea of him, his height is good aswell.

5. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

if i remember rightly, he also kicked a ball into someones face <wah> in the gills crowd at priestfield...nice guy :emoticon-0146-punch

6. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

'Allen and Reading manager Brian McDermott believed to have discussed other movements'

This is surely a reference to Obita?

7. brb

brb Guest

Obita - didn't he play on the left for us? someone sign him now, quick hurry up a winger. Pretty strong as well from what I remember. Can be Miller's bodyguard at the same time.

ps. just refreshed my memory on his record for us. 3 goals in 6 games, I would take him, just need to sort left back out then <whistle>

8. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Yes he played for us on loan last year, said he really enjoyed his spell with us last year. Would be a very clever signing if we could get him in a direct swap for Payne? (I know I'm mixing threads but they kind of cross)

9. HOADIE_BOI

Obita was excellent, was sad that he went back so quick but it was because we did not start him every game and Reading wanted him to start games.

10. brb

brb Guest

The reason he went back to Reading is because Hessy does not know how to play with wingers, hence why we lost Barcham IMO!

11. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah agree with that, we have not had the width under Hess, it is all about the middle of the park.

12. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure it is Obita... he was here under Hess last season so there is no gurantee that he is someone Allen would like...

13. Gills-Prog-seller

Obita is worth more than a million. is a very hot propect and Martin allen and every league 2 manager would want him in the team. so will be no trading for payne. But would like another loan deal although we tried to extend it last year and reading said no, but with them promoted might not need him for a year.

14. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Remember saying when he played here for Barnet against us last season that Michael Hector was one of the worst central defenders I had ever laid eyes on. 6"4 he is but a distinct lack of pace and looked extremely headless.

As for Obita, a return I feel would be extremely unlikely.

Plus I feel that KSN as a publication tends to clutch at straws more often than not so I expect the whole Allen-McDermott link to be nothing more than rumour.

15. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Wasn't it actually Obita who turned down the chance to extend the deal? I remember Hess being interviewed after his last match said that he wanted to go back and try and make it into the Reading team on the run up to the end of the season. He scored in their last preseason match aswell.

16. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

i think the media could be doing the old hammer and jigsaw here, by that i mean taking pieces and forcing them together to make a more interesting story. Aleen goes to watch reading reserves, vs the actucal heading. i know which one gets posted on here!!

just because allen had hector last seasona nd we had obita means nothing as there were plenty other players on view in this game, we could all be pleasently surprised!!

17. brb

brb Guest

I think you have a point jokeykid, hence why I have not generally followed any stories on player transfers, other than any possible outgoings i.e. Gazza or Payne. As for Hector not even given the situation any thought. As for Obita not even followed that, other than to comment that we need a winger and my own subsequent observations of Obita at Gillingham last season.

18. HOADIE_BOI

Would not mind both Hector and Obita back even if it was a loan, Obita on a season long would be brilliant.