1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Appleton

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Jiffie, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I have just posted this on another thread and I make no apologies for creating a thread in it's own right, because I believe it's important.

Apparently this time we are not looking for a manager to take us to the next level, we are looking for 'experienced and steady'.

This is Appleton's championship CV.

2011 Portsmouth he lasted a year and Portsmouth were relegated, with a win ratio 25.5%.

2012 Blackpool he lasted 11 games and is the shortest serving Blackpool manager in their history at 65 days, with a win ratio of 16.7%.

He resigned and somehow got the Blackburn job where he managed to survive 2 days longer at 67 days before being sacked with a 26.7% win ratio.

A total championship win ratio of 22.9%

Please somebody explain to me how he comes close to fitting even the BCFC vague wishlist?

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Because he's Ashton's mate?

TBF he DOES have some good stuff on his CV too, but all at lower than Championship level.

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don’t blame him staying there, the way we are run we could be swapping positions next season.

5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I remember you defending the club earlier in the season and saying "they are my club" and that struck a chord with me, because it's true and I am sure I replied "they are my club as well" that's why it hurts even more when week by week more and more **** comes out.

I truly do not feel as a part of my club at present, the disconnect has been getting wider and wider, I feel like it's "give us your money, now shut up and **** off", I do not feel valued, getting any information is worse than drawing teeth.

For Williams for the 2nd time to have publish his own injury update is not good, I still get the impression that there is more to this story than meets the eye, I certainly don't think his relationship with the club can be a healthy one for him to feel the need to put the update into his own words rather than trust the club.