1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Membership scheme vote - Concessions to return...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 9, 2019.

1. GerryHatrick

GerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Think Darnborough has already got that 'gig'

2. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

All the valid points have been made .. Tigress you're spot on .. and Kemps ya hit the nail on the head .. the parachute payments are no more .. the Allams for the first time in a while are now faced with having to try and appease some of the fans in order to try and subsidise some of the monies they are losing because of the parachute payments ending .. but in usual Allam fashion they still try to keep the upper hand .. this would have been so simple had they been blessed with an ounce of humility .. had they come out raised their hands and said we've made mistakes but want to put it right .. but it ain't them is it.

3. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I think this the last season the Allam's can make any money.

They'll sell Bowen, Grosiki and Henrikson for about £20m. Plus if Maguire leaves Leicester they'll get about £10m off the sell on clause.

askewshair and highpeak tiger like this.
  4. HC

HC Active Member

I hope for the sake of the team that a lot of people come back with the return of concessions. I'd be about £200 worse off so will be cancelling. I'm sick of the pissing about every summer while other teams strengthen. I kept my ticket as it was cheap. Now it's not so I guess I'll just listen on the radio. Hopefully not too many people of the same opinion.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Kempton likes this.
  5. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

All agreed, but I can't applaud them, nor support them, for partially rectifying something they screwed up in the first place, and second place for that matter!

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Hull City finally make concessions but fears persist that it will not be enough to win back lost fans

The Tigers will reduce ticket prices for the young and old following a supporters' vote

There is little point pretending it was the cure to all of Hull City’s ills. The reaction that followed the club’s announcement to reinstate concessions this lunchtime underlined that in quick time.

For every supporter content that 58.1 per cent of their kin had seen fit to bring back cheaper tickets for the young and old, there was seemingly another armed with criticisms.

Harmonious it was not. But, then again, nor was it ever likely to be.

Although City’s third ticket ballot inside 15 months might have been the first one to stand after the previous two failed to attract the necessary numbers, its acclaim was ultimately muted by the options presented to supporters.

To bring back concessions for the first time since 2016 was to upset another section of the fan base.

Adult memberships will rise as steeply as they fell three years ago and for a significant number – perhaps as many as 2,000 regulars – it will mean a change of seat in 2019-20 as the North Stand is handed back over to visiting fans. Some on social media were suggesting those factors would now bring about an abrupt end to their membership.

If the club’s aim in all of this was to address the falling attendances at the KCOM Stadium and “build bridges” with fans ahead of a new season, it is hard to believe it will be mission accomplished.

Some supporters will be back, lured in by the promise of an under-10s membership costing just £36 a year or knowing a senior can now sit on the halfway line of the East Stand for £234 each season, but you suspect plenty do not see compelling reasons to return or even to stick around.

This, alas, does not appear to do enough. It is a start, righting the wrongs of City’s wish to do away with concessions three years ago, but there are far too many unhappy fans to deem it a clear success.

It is worth revisiting the words of vice chairman Ehab Allam in a letter to supporters after the end of the season.

“Ultimately we have one common goal, we all want supporters to get behind the team and show their support at the stadium on a matchday.”

Will this change, applicable from October 1, alter that? It feels unlikely. But, then, nor would the other option proposed, a status quo where every seat in the KCOM Stadium cost the same regardless of age.

City needed to be bold and appealing with their ticketing policies this summer. Thousands upon thousands have been lost in the last two seasons. Gates fell as low as 10,530 in 2018-19, the lowest known for a league game since Boothferry Park closed its gates in 2002.

A switch back to the 2010-11 ticketing structure sits more comfortably and will surely make match-by-match tickets more appealing to floating families, but the divisions first created by the membership scheme, whereby one fan is pitted against another dependent on their individual circumstances, are just the same.

The new (or should that be old?) pricing structure would surely have been more warmly received had City not pressed ahead with a closure of the North Stand to home supporters.

The Tigers have stated that a return to 2010-11 meant a return to away fans being housed behind the goal but that all seems wholly unnecessary. The West Stand upper tier will not be reopened as it was in 2010-11. Nor will disabled fans enjoy the same benefits they did nine years ago in the last season that preceded the Allam family’s reign.

Only when a new season begins in August will it become clear how many supporters have been won over by these changes but the reality was that ticket prices were only ever part of a broader malaise.

Fans will see an entertaining squad broken up this summer. They might see a popular head coach depart, too. All the while, money will be tight for a rebuild and ambition limited. That is hardly a combination to attract fans to come clicking in through the turnstiles.

City can change the badge, displaying the club’s name once more, and they can bring back concession tickets at a cost to others, but the proactive steps taken in 2019 will only be baby steps so long as supporters are made to wait and wait for a change at the top of the club. The animosity still runs deep.

7. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Good article except they know as well as we do that crowds were far lower than 10,530

Stockholm Tiger and nbetiger like this.
  8. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

there was never any reason to move fans from the North Stand - it was just there way of feeling better if the fans voted for concessions - pathetic

9. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

That is very true...BUT there was also no need to move them there in the first place. All that it did was force people to move from the full East Stand and many stopped going as kids and oaps were forced to pay full whack.

The North and South stands should be cheaper than the East and then West but £21 was ridiculously low.

Say adults in North £25/month same in South, East £35 and West £35/40. Upper West if ever needed £30.

Kids for £10 in any stand. Young adult knock a fiver off the monthly price.

10. tigerrod

tigerrod New Member

Agree with most of the posts and really question the motives of the Allam's. The abolition of concessions was the final straw as far as I was concerned and cancelled my membership. I still feel huge antipathy regarding the Allam's and I'm still reluctant to put any money into their pockets. I regularly took my three young grandsons (7,9 and 11) who were becoming Tiger Fans and although I could have lived with no concessions for older fans the removal of child and young adults concessions was completely unacceptable. All three of my grandsons are football mad, as well as excellent young footballers, and the next generation of Hull City fans? However, they have found 'other teams' and when asked if they wanted to resume our trips to home games (we still go to some away games) a round trip of over 150 miles, their response was ' we're not bothered'. A lost generation!
    Another point, could the moving of fans from the North Stand to the East Stand have anything to do with the TV exposure as they show the empty East Stand far more than the North stand?

Stockholm Tiger and askewshair like this.

11. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

no - its to do with them being a pair of ****s

12. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

If the next owners are Liars, treat their own fans like scum, threaten to move the club out of Hull or attempted to change the name of the club to something nonsensical etc. I guess it would be the same as now when that became apparent.

NOT ONE PENNY.

Barchullona likes this.
  13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Phil Buckingham has got it spot on. This returning of concessions at the expense of others is a typical Allam trick. Any owner in his or her right mind would realise that to increase revenue significantly you have to get as many as possible through the gates. This ballot IMO goes nowhere near achieving this, they should attract people back by giving a price structure, including concessions, that will make it affordable for all.

14. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Myself and a mate have decided to start going again next season, back to where it all began in E3 hopefully.

The concessions although not ideal are a start, together with a badge with our name in it.

Far from perfect, we all know the squad will be decimated and the Allams are banking on filling the North stand with away fans in the many Yorkshire derbies. Also most adults will pay much more.

But I will be back ..... Let's see how the next chapter unfolds

15. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Did I read the free for all of swapping seats begins on Tuesday? I'd assume most north standers will want to be in E1-E3. As Den said before, IF they had any brains, they could give us first refusal on the seats we had before the double eviction. No doubt they will make it as difficult as possible to get seats together.

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Did many fill their allocation last season ?? Leeds and Sheff u.cant remember if wensdee did etc

17. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Interesting as Twitter etc is filled with fans that have walked away since the vote because of the North Stand close. Wonder if this will make memberships go up or down.

nbetiger likes this.
  18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Other ones certainly won’t. Reading on a Tuesday night won’t look very good.

nbetiger likes this.
  19. nbetiger

nbetiger Well-Known Member

Yes tues the seat swap begins a few friends who sit in the north stand are moving across to the east stand apparently the club aren't putting the seating plan online to assist with the move

20. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Not all those in the North will renew though.

I wonder if they’ll waive the rejoining fee for those that have walked away this season now the prices have changed?

: hcafc