1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Meghan and Harry

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderpitt, Jan 12, 2020.

1. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

I thought today he did ok to be fair. This so called super lawyer was reaching in my opinion. Harry straight batted most without any sort of loss. The newspapers are chasing a chronic reputation and their lawyers know it, in my opinion anyway. I think he won the argument today personally.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  2. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

I think it's very likely he was hacked at some point. He's picked loads of incidents where the stories were already out there and blamed it on hacking though. It undermines his accusations. But nobody will have dared tell him that. And because all his therapy has done is convince him that he's a victim at all times....

3. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

Your replies are so like yourself.
    No milk to spare here. <doh>

4. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

On an interesting side note today here in the USA the federal judge in Washington DC has given the Department of Homeland Security until June 13th whether or not it will expedite or respond to the request to see Prince Harry's visa application form to the registered interested party. Obviously with Prince Harry being a fine upstanding person of the community we need not to check any of this out right? This may be his personal right to maybe not compete the application correctly and honestly as others shouldn't infringe of his personal rights? There have been many others not been allowed into the USA as they told the truth about their personal circumstances. Is this a moral question or a question of credibility when one speaks to the world about their drug use and then seeks to enter a country that has strict immigration laws against this practice. All this a bit ironic from someone who claims victimization against the press yet throws his family under the bus by using the same media knowing they will not reply against their disclosed personal details.. Smacks of someone who can give it out but can't take it.

5. The Exile II

None for those undeserving of it.

6. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

He has nothing to worry about ...

... I believe his Uncle Andrew is well connected and will pop over to straighten things out <laugh>

LAMackem and DH4 like this.
  7. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Apparently (I read some of a very long independent written thing recently so this came from that) he is doing now because it is a growing movement with celebrities that were hacked in the 90's - 00's which also includes journalists and private investigators who were involved with the papers blowing the whistle.

It sounds like Harry is the one who believes he is powerful and rich enough to take them on first. By all accounts William took an out of court compensation payment already but Harry turned it down as he wanted his day in court with them. Also got to think the fact he is in the position he is in after everything else means he can do it, if he was still an active Royal I'm sure he would have been told to settle it without going to court. He is a bloke who is pissed off with a lot of things and what they did with hacking is one of them.

I disagree with so much he has done but not this. This isn't hypocrisy in terms of complaining about this but talking to Oprah and selling his book imo. This is fighting against illegal activities and stories being printed off the back of that.

For the record I don't like him think he is a hypocrite with a lot of issues but with this he is within his rights and someone needs to go after them for what was normal practice for them!

8. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

I suppose that somewhere there must be some support for The Press, but I have no idea where these few might be hiding.

Most of us would like to see them taken down when they break The Law.

But I read some of the transcript from Harry's time in the box, and it was not immpressive at all.
    What I have no way of knowing is how what was written, might have been edited.

But Harry seems to be on a Crusade in defense of his late Mother.
    A noble enough thing for a son to take up.
    Unfortunately though he has ignored the flaws in her make up, concentrating only on her supurb charity work for topics like Aids and Land mines Victims.
    And there were very obvious signs of a personal vendeta against Piers Morgan.
    Again, a laudable enough cause, but some of his accusations seem to have been wild assumptions, easily knocked back by the Defense which are not going to help his credibility.

As this is a civil case I assume that The Judge will decide, ie, no jury.
    From what I read, I was nowhere near convinced by his evidence.

IF he fails with this he will have done a grave dis-service for the fight againsr Press Intrussion.

9. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Yeah is down to the judge. So wasn't a good start to not be there day 1 when he was needed as he was too busy on Sunday to get there, granted his childs birthday is important but the judge is unlikely to see it that way he wanted the trial and should have arranged things so he could be there. Why didn't they do the party on Saturday?

C Montgomery Burns likes this.
  10. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

And you of course are the arbiter as to the deserving are.
    Surely we are all equal in the eyes of the law and of God of course. <laugh>

Blond Bombshell likes this.

11. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

There seems to be a underlying back story to this Court case in that he is trashing everyone he resents since his mother died and having his own say , getting even say if you will, with all of those he, I really think, he hates with a passion. The fact he is doing this in a Court of Law (he cant be sued for whatever he say about whom ever he chooses in a Law court) venting his anger without what appears to a shred of hard evidence regarding phone hacking case, HE brought, should make good reading in his next book.

12. polyphemus

True, that we are SUPPOSED to all be equal in The Eyes of The Law.
    (There is a relatively well known, ironic phrase, that goes rather like, -- The Law, like the doors to The Ritz Hotel, is open to all.)

But as we are all allowed our own opinions, which gives us the right to decide where our persoal sympathy's lie.
    EVEN WHEN WE ARE WRONG.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

The papers need to be punished. If they hadn't caused the break up with Chelsea (if they did), then Harry and we would never have heard of some two bit actress called Meghan.

14. The Exile II

That seems to be the mirror's contention - these articles aren't evidence of illegal activity just because they hurt his feelings. There has to be a clear trail and there just isn't one.

Saying you've been hacked then presenting an article published before you had a mobile phone to hack as evidence is mana from heaven for any half decent lawyer.

polyphemus likes this.
  15. The Exile II

Now saying he found tracking devices on his girlfriend's and friend's car.

Surely there's evidence of this - it's a major security breach.

The Redbaron likes this.
  16. polyphemus

Interesting,because I wouldn't know where to look for such a device, or recognise one if it was in front of me.
    He must be brighter than he has been prortrayed, after all.
    Or perhaps I'm even thicker than I've been portrayed,:emoticon-0106-cryin

However, no doubt he immediatly drew the attention of his security to these articles.
    So there is evidence.?
    No doubt, the Security Services were able to come up with some idea as to who planted them and why.
    Then it needs to be proven that there is a link to a Newspaper or a reporter.

Whith such evidence it's odd that he has taken so long to lauch his case.

17. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

Just catching up on todays goings on. This Mirror reporter had to be compelled by the judge to give evidence. She seems lost based on what I am reading.

Harry staying in court to listen. Good on him I say. Whether he wins or loses once again we are reminded of what the media did and how they behaved. Dont blame any of these 100 or so people for wanting to seek some sort of recognition.

safc-noggieland likes this.
  18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I hope for his sake he's got some actual evidence because so far he's doing his and his wife's trick of making bold claims with bugger all to back it up. In this situation there's nobody to smile and nod sympathetically and leave it unchallenged.

19. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Agree, he's been clouded by his Oprah appearances, thinks he's the bees knees and everyone will believe everything he says. Rude awakening I fear.

20. The Exile II

Standing by for copious use of the phrase 'my truth'.

LAMackem likes this.