1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mcqueen to Replace Bryan - Rumour.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 8, 2018.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

McQueen Set For Bristol City
    Wednesday, 8th Aug 2018 08:33

Saints look likely to sell Sam McQueen to Bristol City imminently as was predicted earlier in the transfer window.

Sam McQueen was linked to Bristol City a couple of months back but then everything went quiet, the reason being that the Robins would only need McQueen should they sell their highly rated left back Joe Bryan.

That deal now looks like happening with Bryan set to join Aston Villa and that seems set to trigger McQueen heading to Ashton Gate.

Whilst the fee won't be large although it may first be a loan deal.

From a Saints point of view although McQueen has been a good squad player they have to accept that turning 24 in February he is perhaps never going to become a first team regular at Premier League level, at least not whilst he has both Ryan Bertrand and Matt Targett in front of him in the pecking order.

He has started 6 Premier League games for the club with a further 14 as sub, with a further 8 plus 1 as sub in other competitions.

Under Mark Hughes he made only two league appearances, ironically in the last two games of the season where in both he came on as a late sub.
    https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/48377/

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

From what fans said last season, I thought Kelly would have naturally taken Joe's place.

3. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm sure Kelly will play plenty, but otherwise we'd be a bit short of left-sided defenders, though apparently Jack Hunt can fill in there too.

AshtonRed likes this.
  4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind we’ve lost Mags too , so need more cover if JB leaves , whilst Kelly is a good prospect a more experienced LB is needed too.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  5. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Not convinced by signing a third choice player from Southampton. They were absolutely dire last year, were lucky to stay up and have got to be favourites to go down this year.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

SOTON are a pretty rich club? ? ? nowadays they have made some astute deals over the past few years and at some point could easily become one of the top 8 regular prem clubs!
    they have strength in depth

7. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they’re not doing proper reinvestment for all these players they’re producing. Have been working down there over the summer and from what I gather fans are crying out for some signings. I don’t know what they’ll do under Mark Hughes but they were lucky to stay up last year and based upon the glimpses I saw, including the 4:1 annihilation by Leicester, this season could be a struggle for them