1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McNasty Speaks Out

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Jun 11, 2018.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Our former Chief Exec has taken to twitter to air his views on City's current position since he left in 2016, saying our position of 14th was embarrassing last season and has slammed the club's record since he left

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/spor...cutive-david-mcnally-slams-canaries-1-5554958

Personally I blame Jez Moxey for the decline in fortunes, He was never in touch with the fans & McNasty would have give AN the boot earlier on when we were going through our struggles under Alex Neil.

I just hope Webber is ruthless enough to turn our fortunes round next season and turn us into challengers for either an automatic promotion place or a place in the top six

2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

What is his thinking behind wanting to do this? Self promotion? "When I was there, look what I did".

Bit of a sh**ty catty swipe. Was there any context? Was he asked or prompted by questions from fans or anything?

I mean he is right. That was a totally embarrassing season. But he shouldn't be posting about it. Just show a bit more class.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

My understanding was it was in response to rumours or allegations that it was mishandled finances during his watch that is why we are where we are now and that was at least in part why he spoke out.

Obviously there is no love lost between him & some on the board & I'm leaning towards trusting McNally more than the board especially given some of the shocking decisions made over the years before & after McNally

Resurgam and Forgot_My_Lines like this.
  4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Well, ANs appointment, and allowing him to spend £1m on McGovern straight away are not leaving him in a good light. What happened after he left can be said to have been formed by WHAT he left. While I an mostly thankful for what he did, not everything came up roses.

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

IMO he was the right CEO at the time and along with PL, 'salvaged' the club and gave the fans several years of exciting and entertaining football.
    Yes, our league position was embarrassing, but we didn't need that comment from McNasty!!!

zogean_king and Canary Spring like this.