1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mcleish has resigned!!!!!

Discussion in 'Birmingham City' started by Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Do you think he is off to Villa and if he does will you hate him. After all he did win you the carling cup <ok>

2. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

And took them down twice, alright Steve Bruce was in charge half of the season the 1st time.

3. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Where are all the Brummys

4. steele1610

steele1610 Member

260+ views and only 2/3 replies. embarresing times in birmingham. they are so passionless for football that despite winning a cup, their manager has left them. good for him too. your fans are ****

5. RVP - The Dutcher Master

6. atwembleyin87

atwembleyin87 New Member

Will marlon King now tear up his pre-contract agreement and follow McLeish to Villa? I imagine his agent is looking at all the possible loopholes as we speak

7. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Lol at the bitter Gooner!!!

8. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

All the Birmingham fans are secretly chilling on the Hereford board. That's where all the cool cats hang out these days. <ok>

9. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

10. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

As a neutral with no real interest in Birmingham. My view on the way Alex M has reportedly resigned ..
    He's a Guttless, cowardly B******
    I hope he never works again, but of course he will. IF you are going to resign, walk out, throw a fit.
    A least have the balls too tell youre employer/s face to face. <doh>

Feel sorry for the Brummy fans they don't deserve this. Good luck next season guys.

11. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

12. bluseychris

bluseychris New Member

I happilly fought my corner for Mcliesh against a lot of naysayers. If he's off I'm dissapointed but I was saying over the previous two years it's a golden age and enjoy it while it lasts.

But to go to the Villa, that's just ruining the memories. And to be honest I think he'll go.

13. Silverback~

Silverback~ New Member

It saddens me to read the very unpleasant views from the two anti Blues fan posters. I am a Blues fan of 58 years standing. Passion is high at Blues despite our problems. We are one of the original founders of the football leagues in this country & I think we deserve more respect than has been shown by these two bitter people. Sure we have our problem fans, all clubs do, but to assume all fans are the same, or to treat good fans badly because you like to focus on the problem areas is actually being as bad as those poor fans.

It happens in football, as in many other walks of life, when you are less than fashionable as a club (/entity of any sort), then the decisions and luck run against you. They have considerably over the years for Birmingham City, and for many other unfashionable clubs. If you are an Arsenal supporter you would struggle to understand that position I think.

Despite the continued unbalanced decision making which lives in football today, Birmingham City have achieved well over the last 17 years since they were saved from bankruptcy and were languishing in the bottom half of old Div 2,/top of old Div 3. We are a traditional working man's football club which works hard to make it's way. It is very disrespectful to the real fans of this great club and to the people of Birmingham to dismiss it and them as these folk have.

I guess nastiness exists in all walks of life, and football is not different, but it is always disappointing to see it displayed.

14. atwembleyin87

atwembleyin87 New Member

I'm afraid that this is very much an age related issue silverback. There was a time when supporters of all the midlands clubs all had a humourous dig at one another but there was no real nastiness involved and we were even known to cheer on one another's teams in certain circumstances. Unfortunately, these days there is a real element of rancour and lack of respect which seems to come mainly from the younger people. Sometimes they will claim that this is banter and an attempt to wind people up but all too often it stems from what I can only describe as a lack of respect for other people. I respect anyone that supports their local club , which , after all, is a valuable part of their local community.What I really don't like is plastic fans and glory hunters.

15. Silverback~

Silverback~ New Member

I agree with your words, but I think there has to be some leadership from 'seniors' which I think is mostly sadly lacking as well. Too easy to blame the younger generation. I see many many older folk getting involved in poor behaviour as well.

16. atwembleyin87

atwembleyin87 New Member

I would agree with you silverback that leadership from "seniors" is often sadly lacking too.

17. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Silver back
    Great comments, I'm a Stoke fan of many years just like you are a fan of Birmingham City. The point I was making was this.
    If I resign from my job I would at least tell my boss to his face, not over the internet.
    NO FANS deserve too be treated like that. Mr M has sadly let himself down. I don't know the in's and out's of WHY he's gone but
    I wish Birmingham well and you too mate. <ok>
    HOW he could even consider taking over at the Villa is beyond me. Hope it works out for you guy's next season. Good club, great fans
    and let's hope you bounce straight back into the Premier League.
    P.S. Is Jerome any good, we Stoke look fav's too sign him?

18. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

£2M is a good deal. I think he was close to getting sacked 2 months ago.

19. itsinthenet

itsinthenet Member

Might be very spicy if Villa draw Birningham in a cup game its bound to happen! be more:police::police::police::police::police::police: than fans there!

20. bluseychris

bluseychris New Member

Maybe it would end up in a fly on the wall docu on BBC 3 like last time.