1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McCarthy is 100% leaving this summer

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I'd love to however they still work at ITFC, never played for us etc and I'm sure with that and me saying they have a very difficult job / perhaps not everyones favourite person..........you could probably guess who.

Anyway, the man in question was answering everyones questions in the pub that were keen to meet him. He was having a couple of beers himself. There was a situation right at the end where said individual needed to go for his taxi - with someone kicking off at him being very anti Mick etc. In the end as we've met before / spoken / I got involved and tried to calm the other guy down.... I asked if I could ask a couple of questions as I was too busy getting hammered / getting to know my hero Benjamin Bloom from the Monday podcast. What a guy!

Anyway he said ' sure walk and talk taxi coming '

So doing that, I asked if Mick was staying - he started to respond when outside. Got a response of ' well in any other walk of life if you told people to f*** off you'd be sacked ' three times before a final ' he will categorically not be offered a new contract '.

That's as far as I'll go for now as really not into naming and shaming etc, however it was first hand / one to one conversation etc so that is why I did the topic on here.

I think alcohol was the only reason it slipped out - straight away before he got into the taxi with other club reps he knew it was a slight slip - but it was only myself / himself there. No one else etc. So there we go, that's me story.

San Diego likes this.
  2. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Who will be set up first? Us with a new person in charge or Mick with a new club?

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

My money is on Ian Milne.

San Diego likes this.
  4. Westlake33

Be very interesting where Mick goes.

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Sunderland would be a good fit!

6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll be out of employment for long, unless he wants a break. I could see him at a club like West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday or Barnsley.

7. Westlake33

Yeah they'll be someone willing to give him a go - like or hate the guy he's probably ultimately left us in a better spot than when he came - so I suppose whatever way you look at it the new manager will find life easier than Mick did when he arrived.

Anyway, drawing a line under it, he's going - new gafa is going to need a bit of backing as likely to want quite a different squad. Over to you Evans...

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Respect to Westy for breaking the news but keeping his source secret, very dignified <applause>

Milne obviously, but wouldn't expect you to confirm <ok>

Nuggets and Westlake33 like this.
  9. Westlake33

Best I'll do is you're more on the ball than Hetty Wainthrop ;) cheers mate. Soon as we start 100% naming and shaming people on the internet properly / the day they stop telling us anything.

Even if people want to reveal things, we're in the social media / phone recording age etc. It's absolutely impossible nowadays. Shame :(

San Diego likes this.