1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McCann in ? Or out ?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Sep 15, 2021.

?

McCann in or out?

1. McCann In

57 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. McCann out

134 vote(s)
    70.2%
  1. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Everyone knows my opinion of GM and like I said weeks ago it was never going to improve only get worse and he should have been replaced already.

2. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

I know for a fact he can't build a defensive wall!

tigers1970 likes this.
  3. frankbanksneck

frankbanksneck Well-Known Member

There are times when statistics say it all. I think that this week is one of those times unfortunately.
    Provide a win from one of the next 2 games and end this abysmal run of results or changes need to be made before we head toward the third tier of English football again.

4. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

I don’t think even the staunchest McCann outer, doesn’t recognise his hands have been tied with recruitment etc, so I think people can stop reminding of that .it just makes the fact he refuses to change approach or tactics even more laughable , he’s trying to play a brand and style which Bowen and Grosicki carried for him . Instead of acknowledging it doesn’t work and trying out different approaches , his points total is laughable in the championship as a whole , our squad isn’t good enough to make a real fist of the league, i acknowledged it day after transfer window and said we would finish bottom , but like I keep saying if he changed tactics/ formation / style , before or during games he would get more sympathy and support . Fact is despite lack of real championship quality , other managers would be able to grind out the odd result , we are in danger of going down with a record low points total if he stays and keeps playing the same players, the same way and expecting a different outcome … said it before , we all know what that is the definition of, it’s baffling the refusal to try something new!

mazzer, GLP, Godrevy Buoy and 10 others like this.
  5. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Exactly. He’s playing with a system that Grosicki and Bowen did well in, but the players he’s got now are nowhere near as good as those two to paper over the cracks. I’m still not convinced KLP and Wilks are wingers, especially KLP. I think KLP would benefit more as an out-and-out striker alongside a taller, more physical centre-forward. He’s good at making runs behind defenders and he’s a composed finisher. We saw that against Preston and Wigan. He’s wasted out wide atm; too isolated which forces him to do too much to try and beat a man. He’s not that great of a crosser either and prefers to cut inside. Wilks I’m less sure. He started off as a second striker and was converted into a winger by McCann at Doncaster.

Then there’s James Scott, who was played down the middle at Motherwell, forced into being a winger for us whenever he did play and now he’s playing for Hibs as a centre-forward again.

6. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

He won’t change because he is arrogant and he couldn’t give two ****s what the fans think.
    But this comes from the top as they also have complete disdain for the supporters.

7. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

This is the ****test version of Groundhog Day I’ve ever seen. Half a dozen meffs posting exactly the same thing hour after day after week. Are you all Castro’s sons or something?

8. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

It's his club - he can do as he wants

9. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

Even though I can’t get to the games now I hate it when we lose. It spoils Saturday night and you have to have a couple more to dull the pain. Just looking forward to some positivity coming back to City whoever is in charge or whoever owns the club. Last seasons feel good factor feels an awful long way away now.

10. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Not that he should take notice of us. He is either getting a hard time or being asked to wave.

Good times, bad times.

Either way he ignores us.

I say GO

GEvans76 likes this.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

I see Scott after starting the first 2 or 3 games for Hibs is now on the bench for the last 2 or 3 games.

12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

If there is a takeover in the offing, then Allam's have a decision to make. If this form continues, then if they are not careful we will be too far adrift to survive in the Championship, which will make any sale more difficult. However, they will not want to change managers as he is the cheap option before any possible sale goes through. Do they stick or twist?

However, our current situation might force things to happen a bit quicker, as any new owner will not want things to get out of hand on the pitch before bringing in their own manager etc?

13. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Its a very fair point you make,but we all know the terrible trio are going nowhere....apart from league 1

Evington likes this.
  14. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Do we?

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  15. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Hopefully we somehow win the next 2, but if we don't, assuming the takeover is happening (which to me it seems like it really is this time) then surely there will be an agreement made during the international break between the new owner and the Allams to bring in a new manager.

16. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Yes

17. Mr Hatem

TWT

18. 785mae

785mae Active Member

He should go now and Andy Dawson/Tom Huddlestone should be appointed caretaker Manager/Coach they could not do any worse.

tigers1970 likes this.
  19. Mr Hatem

Why isn't there a "McCann has done one" thread yet?

Evington and tigers1970 like this.
  20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Keep seeing people wanting Huddlestone to take over, but from what I've seen when he's played I'd say we badly need him on the pitch.