1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McCann in ? Or out ?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Sep 15, 2021.

?

McCann in or out?

1. McCann In

57 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. McCann out

134 vote(s)
    70.2%
  1. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Just praying something happens this time.

2. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

A better manager will demand a better budget.

If there's no potential sale and squad investment in January then it'd just be shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

You could bring Klopp in and it'd still be a tough ask to keep the club in the division without a handful of proven championship signings.

Between now and January it'd just be about staying in touch to give us a chance.

Howden Tigress, Geo10 and Kempton like this.
  3. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This.

4. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Terry states we've had another good week on the training pitch, again, so what the hell changes from training to match day?

Get him out of here, he's bloody useless

5. cheshireles

We concede goals, and we can't score goals, apart from that all good in Terry's world

6. UMC

UMC Active Member

For those of you who still keep going on about giving him a chance after winning league 1 this forum was full of criticism for his tactics and inability to change to another plan. We had the best squad in league 1 and the only reason we won games is other sides did not have the quality of players to expose the tactical weakness. The championship is another level and they can and do e poorest these weaknesses. It is not about playing well as demonstrated again today it is about winning games. Any thought of any buyer wanting to buy a club already in the relegation zone is unlikely to happen

7. Mckechnie Orange

Young, talented league 1 strikers look good against young, talented league 1 defenders and vice versa.

You can play pretty football when there's no proper contact.

It's just when seasoned championship ones come along they don't look as good.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Kalman, Evington and Howden Tigress like this.
  8. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

What a ****e start to today....I've just woke up to find out mccunt hasn't been sacked,back to sleep i think

9. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Just watching Brentford - play to their strengths , tall players if the ball is in the air they attack it in threes! And get the drop down .
    What would be our strengths style if you were manager . Last season at that level we played as a unit attacked as a unit and passed it well most of the time - mind you as now no one moves off the ball much !

10. cheshireles

And he's still here!

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Be harsh to sack him before he even woke up. If there's going to be anything, it would be tomorrow.

12. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Im not a football manager I'm a bricklayer,therefore i would not ask mccunt to build me a wall

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  13. Mckechnie Orange

You could give grant the best squad in the league and he'd finish well up it.

You could give him a middling squad and he'd probably finish around middle.

What you can't do is give him a very young and largely unproven squad with more championship and
    I'd call it unlikely, as opposed to harsh.

Harsh went in about March 2019.

14. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

100% disagree.
    Yes, they will still have to work within the same constraints.
    But I have little doubt that the coaching, the tactics, the signings * (within the constraints), the game management, the guidance from the sidelines, etc etc would improve under the vast majority of other managers we would likely employ. (* Not slating the individual signings, more the mix and appropriateness of what we have and how they are being utilised and in some cases not even utilised).
    And if not, then at least 'we'd' have tried to change for the better before it's too late.

15. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

This group of players we have currently are young and experienced, some no doubt will make the step up, others found their level at league 1, but the glaringly obvious thing is that they are not being coached and managed correctly, it seems they have no idea half the time what they're supposed to be doing, how many times during a game do you see McCann and his equally mute assistant Byrne directing them, shaping them, when things start going wrong they hide, sit there pondering and looking dumbfounded.. I'm sure they are decent blokes, but football manager/ coach they are not, certainly at this level. Tactically naive, stubborn in their persistence of a failing system, baulk at criticism, and with the motivational skills of a wet kipper. Sooner gone the better.

16. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

two tactics that will definitely disappear under a new manager are the constant fannying about at the back and working the ball slowly back to the keeper from the halfway line so the keeper can hoof it - AND the constant cross field hoof balls from Greaves bypassing midfield for Wilks and KLP and by and large getting us absolutely no where because they never reach their target

17. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

The buck stops with the manager, why sign several midfielders, Smith, Cannon, etc when we had a very strong midfield already, although in league 1. Certainly needed a centre back and striker even a permanent keeper to challenge Ingram not a young loanee. Not saying we could get them all but to sign 4 midfielders is purely bad management.

18. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

I really liked the look of Cannon when he came on yesterday, he was mobile and wanted to look for a forward pass. I'd start him on Tuesday. I'd also start Longman, moving Wilks to the centre forward position (or the bench). Wilks was incredibly frustrating yesterday, he obviously has talent but once again he'd rather fall over than shoot.

captaintigerrobin likes this.
  19. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

Wilks simply can't be played as a no9, couldn't do it in league 1, sure as hell can't do it in the championship.

20. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Still knocking around then?