1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McBurnie

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by MasterOfNone, Feb 28, 2018.

1. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

4 goals in 5 games for Barnsley. Just saying. Guess he’ll not want to come back and will sign a contract with someone else next season. Personally I think he should have been given a chance

Stumpy and swanseaandproud like this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

3. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Not good enough for the PL. Completing the loan may change that.
    Young Tammy score 28 in the Championship.
    Bafe Gomis - 20 in 22 games so far this season.

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Glasgow Rangers bound.

5. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

Yep I’d guess so. Step down from Championship

6. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Don't think he'll want to make a step down and it certainly won't be for money as they are cash strapped.

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

And Abraham is ? Not from what I’ve seen a one trick pony ,Ollie as a footballer has much more chance of making it in the PL ,he’s a much more rounded footballer who can believe it or not can actually play the game as a striker

8. Nosugarman1

Agree.

Stumpy likes this.
  9. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Tammy isn't up to PL standard either which was my point.
    He thrived in the Championship even though he was 18 /19.
    I'm waiting to see if Ollie can continue his goal scoring form.
    Not sure about McBurnie being a more rounded player though but from what I've seen Abraham would be far better as an attacking forward than striker.

trundles left foot likes this.
  10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Its all about opinions I know , but Ollie can hold the ball up , lay it off score with either foot and his head .just hope he gets a chance with us next season regardless of where we're playing

Stumpy likes this.

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you, he is a tidy player who has found his level as many do, Like Dwight Gayle, mitrovic now, Jordan Rhodes and many more who all can score goals at that level but cant make the step up. . I have to say I think Mcburnie is Championship at best. But, who knows maybe if he stays he will make it, just not for me, but it is all about opinions.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Ollie has just pulled one back v some clogging team somewhere to the east of us

13. Nosugarman1

He needed to play at championship level to step up so far he is doing this. He is still a young player and so far he has shown he can do this so I am hopeful after his loan he can step up to another level i.e. PL and I've seen nothing to say he can't

14. swanseaandproud

He is good enough to make a premiership player if he works hard,,,,there are plenty of players playing that are not as good as him and this loan spell can only make him better....

55282 likes this.
  15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Yeah Tammy being one of them

16. swanseaandproud

• What a difference a couple of months and a stream of colourful analogies can make.

When Carlos Carvalhal was named as Swansea City's manager on December 28 there were very few who gave the Welsh club any chance of getting out of the considerable hole they had dug themselves into.
    Bottom of the table, five points from safety, on the back of a humbling 5-0 capitulation against Liverpool at Anfield, the smart money would have been on Swansea only enjoying Premier League status for another handful of months.

A little over nine weeks later and the picture has altered considerably.

Swansea sit 13th in the standings, and have a three-point margin over the bottom three thanks to Manchester United's thrilling comeback win at Crystal Palace on Monday night.

It has been quite some turnaround and closely mirrors the upturn in fortunes brought about following Paul Clement's arrival in January of 2017.

please log in to view this image

Swansea boss Carlos Carvalhal
    Indeed, the respective records of the two managers in the early stages of their Swansea reigns are very similar. Clement had 15 points from his first nine games, Carvalhal has 17.

Swansea would end up taking 29 points from 19 games following Clement's appointment, enough to see them have the eighth-best record over the second half of the campaign.

Incredibly, considering that was their best haul over a half season, they would be on course for 34 points from one game fewer if current form were to continue until the end of the season.

That is unlikely, and there will still be highs and lows to negotiate in what is as fiendishly tight a relegation battle as there has been in recent memory.

But a quick glance at the form table since the day Carvalhal drove through the night from Sheffield to take charge of his first training session at Fairwood makes for interesting reading

Up with the big boys

please log in to view this image

17. swanseaandproud

Leeds want McBurnie to join them for next season. They also want Bart as their Captain also...

18. Nosugarman1

As far as I'm concerned they can get stuffed in both counts.. Ollie championship player of the month.

19. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Personally I would sell them both if we stay up. I am hoping that we will actually strengthen this summer andif we don't want to be in the same situation next season as this we need better than both of them. If relegated I would keep them both.

20. Nosugarman1

I wouldn't sell Mcburnie because I think he's shown and he is showing for Barnsley that he has the potential to step up with luck in a similar way that Kane has for Spurs. Bartley is ok as our fourth choice CB..We need to strengthen in other positions such as left back and the flanks and we need to give Andy King a contract. We may need another midfielder. as well. This is where I think any funds would be better spent whichever league we are in. Regrettably I think it's time to say farewell and thanks as players to Leon, Rangel and Routledge. I also feel that Carroll is too inconsistent as well.