1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McBride's - Off The Beat Discussion

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Bidley, Jul 16, 2012.

1. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

No doubt the club will name oñe of its luxury suites/restaurantes in his honour.

2. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Very sad news yesterday. He was very much Fulham through and through.

There is an on-line Book of condolence on the Fulham FC website.

3. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Somebody at work gave me some old Fulham programmes and with a bit more time to myself I was reading them the other night. Many fascinating reads one of which was about the club "Friends of Fulham" which looked like it was set up to fundraise and support the Club in the 1970's. The interesting thing I thought was that John Motson was the Chairman. Was or is he a Fulham fan !!

The other interesting thing I found was in the Fulham v St Mirren, Anglo Scottish cup programme 1977. Alex Ferguson was the manager of St Mirren and the programme quotes "not only as a manager but also a player Alex Ferguson can only be described as a success. Now 35, he gave up playing at 32 years old ...

A google search showed me we drew 1-1 that night with St Mirren and lost in the away tie. How fortunes have changed.

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Think John Motson is a closet Spurs fans, I once heard him confess on a show, even though he repeatedly says he's just a lover of football in general.
    Remember the Anglo-Scottish cup got to the Final one year and lost to M'Boro 1-0 over 2 legs. Also played once in the Anglo-Italian cup in early 70's.

Sad news on George Cohen.