1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maybe Glick did get it right...

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Jake O Buxtinho, May 14, 2011.

1. Jake O Buxtinho

Jake O Buxtinho New Member

Hello everyone! I'm Jake O Buxtinho, came over from the old 606, although i didn't post mass amounts, i might start doing on here though :)

Just been looking on the BBC Sport article about Barnsley saying that Robins is still there boss. There was some interesting things said in there about how much clubs are going to have to cut down this summer, to even the books for next season. We've already had 2 season of this, and now we have some room for adjusting the budget.

"We expected him to take up the challenge - and it is a challenge that lies ahead of all football clubs. We all have to look to get our spending less than our income.

I personally would say that this isn't going to affect Derby County. Glick really has done something, and now the future might be looking a little bit brighter when others are very gloomy.

I say well done Glick! (Sort of ;))

2. THAILAND RAM

THAILAND RAM New Member

I also take that view, although it must be said that any other manager would not have put up with it. Nigel was/is very naive in football management however, he's actually done a fantastic job of cutting the wage bill down and keep us up in this league. Bit like what Arsen Wenger has done, kept the wage bill down and kept Arsenal where they have been for the last six years. I think with both clubs there comes a time when the fans need a little bit more and if they dont get it BOTH the managers will walk out. Maybe Clough has not been as stubben as we thought maybe this was always going to be the plan. But he has proved himself to be a capable business manager and has done his bit, and now wants some action from the board by INVESTMENT on the pitch. Lets hope he gets it too.

3. Simtek

Simtek New Member

Jim Haslam Jr is here to give you loads of spending money.... ;-)