1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mauro Zarate future unsure once again

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 5, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

• Mauro Zarate future unsure once again
      Crystal Palace looking to steal West Ham United striker from QPR grasp
      please log in to view this image

Date: 5th January 2015 at 5:06 am
    Written by Nino Dulyachinda | Comments(0)

Crystal Palace have made a late move to try and steal out-of-favour West Ham United striker Mauro Zarate from Queens Park Rangers despite already agreeing terms to join them, Mirror reports.
    The 27-year-old was set for a switch to join Harry Redknapp at the club, but a late decision to renegotiate the terms of the possible loan has now put the move in doubt, prompting Palace to join the race.

Their new manager, Alan Pardew, who just sealed his move from former side Newcastle United is keen on reinforcing his attacking line up as he prepares to help them remain in the Premier League next season.
    His new squad now sit 18th place and is looking to acquire the services of Zarate for the rest of the campaign as the Argentine attacker is keen on an exit in hopes of getting more playing time.
    He only made five starts so far this season for the Hammers while clubs such as Southampton, Sunderland, Aston Villa, and Newcastle are now also said to be interested in a deal.

2. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0121-angry seems like we're doing our best to self-destruct again.:steam:

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I do wonder if there is something more behind this....but on surface again Arry pipes up too soon. But we stood our ground over Borini last window...and I am sure that was the right g html decision.

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I can't believe with all the so called management we have upstairs, that someone can't make a friggin decision and it all comes down to TF.
    That's not how you run any kind of business. Any successful business model runs by the people in it, not the owner. He or she just chimes in when and if required.

Our club is starting to suck. They'll always have my support, just not the people in it.
    Rant over.
    Unhappy Aussie

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

Tony sent out a tweet earlier saying Beard and Co are taking control of QPR matters, whilst he deals with the tragedy in Asia.

I'm not sure if that makes me feel better, but at least it means that some movement can happen without his input.

6. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

The only movement l'm seeing at present is going down the toilet.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He said some time ago, in a business magazine interview, that he was stepping back from the more operational side of QPR to focus on Air Asia which even before the plane crash was having problems. Obviously not much was done to put this into action. Makes you wonder what authority PB and Les actually have if they can't sign someone on a 5 month loan.

Didley Squat likes this.
  8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Zarate set for QPR medical as Palace join chase
    Posted by Hugh5outhon1895 on January 5, 2015 in Whispers
    Mauro Zarate looks Queens Park Rangers-bound this week after he was booked in for a second medical at the club this morning.
    Despite Harry Redknapp claiming over the weekend he wasn’t close to completing any deals, ClaretandHugh has just received confirmation the medical is to go ahead.
    New Palace boss Alan Pardew made his interest known to West Ham over the weekend having been keen to take him to former club Newcastle before moving in as the new Selhurst Park boss.
    But with talks well advanced with QPR it now looks likely that the Argentinian striker will join Redknapp’s outfit which were knocked out of the FA Cup by Sheffield United yesterday.
    Our source said: “Zarate is having medical at QPR today but it’s true that Palace came in on over the weekend'”

9. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

I would have thought that Amit Bhatia would be one of the "and co" and that should please people - judging by all the cries over the years for Bhatia to have more control (even take over from TF).

But let's just concentrate on any negative we can find.

10. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Transfer news: Maura Zarate due second part of QPR medical ahead of loan from West Ham
    Last Updated: 05/01/15 12:55pm

Mauro Zarate: Still to pass second part of medical at QPR

Sky Sports sources understand Mauro Zarate will have the second part of a medical at Queens Park Rangers in the next 48 hours ahead of a six-month loan move.

Zarate, 27, has scored twice in eight appearances for the Hammers this season after joining from Argentine side Velez Sarsfield in the summer.

"Obviously Mauro's problem is he's not played enough here and feels that he needs to go and play somewhere else and thinks that playing somewhere else will be better"

He signed a three-year contract on 1 July, with a further one-year option, but the move has turned sour since netting on his Irons debut in the 3-1 win at Crystal Palace.

One more goal in seven games has seen the Argentine forward fall behind Andy Carroll, Diafra Sakho and Carlton Cole in the pecking order at the Boleyn Ground, and he has not featured for Sam Allardyce’s side since the 2-1 win at West Brom on December 2.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp is keen to add to his striking options to boost his club's Premier League survival hopes and Allardyce admitted he thought the deal had already gone through and that no other club had enquired about Zarate's availability.

Player Profile

Mauro Zarate
    • Appearances 5 (2)
    • Goals 2
    • Assists 1
    • Yellows 1
    • Reds 0
    • Current Season domestic and international figures 4th Jan 2015
    He said: "It was all done and dusted for QPR but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment for whatever reason.

"Obviously Mauro's problem is he's not played enough here and feels that he needs to go and play somewhere else and thinks that playing somewhere else will be better, playing more often.

"I think the problem is with Mauro is if he played better here he would have played more often. So whether he can do that away from here or not I don't know.

"I have no idea of any other club that has shown an interest in him other than QPR."

11. BackinBlighty

BackinBlighty Active Member

Can you blame him for having second thoughts after yesterday's debacle......tricky choice - new manager with a plan or a dumb, crooked dinosaur without a clue

12. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

He has declared that he wants to play for Chile, with Isla and Vargas here I would think we would be his first choice as it might help him get into the squad, there was a few toys thrown about him switching to wanting to play for them!

13. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

How do we end up giving two medicals to players???? What with Remy and Austin failing shorter medicals elsewhere and a long history of hamstrings popping more frequently than sprout filled pensioner on Boxing Day, I think we're being taken for a ride again.

It just leaves me feeling that Sandro managed to squeeze a little injury in between his two sessions...

14. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Any news yet?

Always seems to take ages for us to wrap up deals

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I've gone off him now anyway. Whoever heard of a squad with two people with surnames beginning with Z? We'd be a laughing stock.

Might solve the riddle behind our recruitment policy though. Somebody's building a anagram. You need some more vowels mate.

16. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Only at QPR can you go to a game to catch a couple of Zees! :D

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Vargas isn't happy about Zarate declaring for Chile.

18. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

We have a couple of black cats that the kids named Zorro & Zara!