1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matchday Thread - Terriers vs Magpies

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Judge Death, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

4. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

First one over at the end...

Perez.

Just sharing.

6. Captainchaos.

Perez is my favourite player

7. Captainchaos.

Too many people criticising the attacking players we have imo.

They're being asked to defend and they're!

8. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Defended really well today, especially Schar. Now for the mighty Fulham.

9. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thought Huddersfield ran out of ideas in the 2nd half. Think they would have got more joy running at our back line than countless chipped balls into the box or diagonal balls and then crosses in.

Their main striker could have been Joselu’s brother - he was that ineffective.

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Have to say.. Lascelles was again a load of ****e. Something isn’t right with him at all.

11. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Thought he made quite a few mistakes with attempted clearances etc. Fortunately we seem to have other centre backs who have stepped up, so he has a chance to regain his form. Not unusual for young players to go through spells of poor form, particularly when coming back from injury. He may also be suffering a bit of a confidence crisis - with Fernadez and Schar playing well, Clark stepping up when required, and Lejeune on his way back, he suddenly has significant competition for his place which was not the case last season.

Still the good news is that he may not attract much interest in this transfer window.

Judge Death likes this.
  12. Captainchaos.

I see some of the so called greatest football supporters have a started aiming their poison at Kennedy because they've had to stop blaming Perez every chance they get.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he had to play left back , we had hardly any possession whatsoever and the conditions weren't great either, !! There's always another team on the pitch and we arnt exactly brimming with quality from out bench just shut the **** up WE WON

13. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I thought he had a poor game at fullback and isnt suited to that position. Very happy to see him play further forward as he is potentially a very good player. However he is currently performing significantly below the high standards he set himself last year.

Gordonthetoony and Captainchaos. like this.
  14. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Kenedy just needs to step up a gear. There have been signs recently that he is doing that. He has been playing with a niggling injury though.

Lascelles on the other hand - Playing alongside Lejeune made him look better than he is. He is being found out now though. Schar and Fernandes are light years ahead of him. Once Lejeune comes back Lascelles will be fourth choice.

15. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

and yet, he's in Garth Crooks team of the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46586526

Jamaal Lascelles: Lascelles was very lucky to have finished the game against Huddersfield. Referee Anthony Taylor thought his tackle on Laurent Depoitre was nothing more than a bookable offence. I must say I wasn't sure but what I do know is that everything the defender did thereafter was commandingly brilliant.

Did you know? Lascelles made nine clearances, two interceptions and one block to help preserve Newcastle's 1-0 victory over Huddersfield Town.

Albert probably too pissed to remember these <laugh>

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Not sure why anyone would criticise Lascelles. He was terrific. Should have been sent off but you get them for and against you all season, it evens out. Huddersfield are absolutely horrific though. They will go down bar some miracle attacking signings in the window. Tailor made for Rafa's defensive counter attack as they carry so little threat. Schar, Dubravka, Lascelles, Clark all had very good games. I thought Manquillo was solid enough despite him being a ****e player/signing. Thought Ki had a good game but Billing dominated Diame and he was poor. Atsu was poor, Perez was poor, Rondon awful but finished the one which came his way.

I struggle to criticise Perez, Kenedy etc the way many of our fans do. Our attackers have a thankless task with how Rafa sets up. He is negative and you're basically asking them to just run around a lot and defend. Then take one of the limited opportunities that come their way. They would look different players in a different style. I'm not criticising Rafa either, this is his style and he's had a lot of success with it. I know some fans like to say its due to the players he has, but it really isn't. He played a negative style with Real Madrid too, despite having some of the best players in the world. Nothing wrong with it, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The one I will criticise despite his goal is Rondon. What a lazy **** he is. He just drifts about making no real effort to close anyone down. He is strange signing for Rafa, as he is nothing like the type of player he likes.

17. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

I thought a yellow was the correct card for Lascelles. Clumsy, yes, red...no.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Spoken like a true NUFC fan <laugh>

I'm not sure you can class it as clumsy Dorty. It would suggest there was no intent. He had no intention of playing the ball, aimed a double footed flying tackle at the lads thighs. He didn't really connect much but I'm not sure the carding system recognises that. If that had been the other way on I'd have expected a red.