1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Swansea vs Chelsea 31/01/12 - 19:45

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Drogs, Jan 30, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2012.
  1. Swansea win

43.9%
  2. Draw

26.8%
  3. Chelsea win

29.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Lucky goal but deserved on the balance of play. Bosingwa isn't great and I was making that point throughout the game, then he is instrumental in getting the goal. <laugh>

I agree with an earlier post that suggested Routledge would have been a better option to bring on than Moore.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Yeah, for once a Bosingwa cross that always hits the first man actually led to a goal...

3. BackStabbed

BackStabbed Active Member

I'd rather Bosingwa didn't score/provide that assist for the goal because it makes him look good now and papers over his **** performance, you can guarantee he'll be starting sunday now

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

this match showed two things, firstly that chelsea have gone backwards in the last 6 months, whilst swansea have made great strides under rogers since the start of the season.

swansea started as they meant to go on, hounding chelsea under possession, winning the ball back and causing chelsea players to lose their control, with cole red carded and malouda carded. swansea players played to their full potential whilst did any chelsea players? thats testament to the differing levels of success that both managers have experienced in their first seasons in the PL.

under normal circumstances AVB would have been sacked by now, he has clearly been given the luxury of a transitional season, something many managers havnt been given before him, in that sense he is incredibly fortunate to still be the manager of a team that has become worse under his stewardship. but thats not to take anything away from an excellent swansea performance which i didnt expect against a team with the pedigree of chelsea, ridiculing the 6-0 away win i predicted yesterday, and also some swansea supporters who get easily carried away by one result, i wonder if those people realise how good a job BR is doing <ok>

5. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

An excellent first half Swansea performance as Chelsea dominated the second half but never looked like scoring and needed a bit of fortune from your lad who turned past his own keeper. AVB will not be sacked and has the full tenure of his contract to rebuild Chelsea. What was evident was how slow Chelsea have become in their build up, what Swansea had what we didn't have in the first half was hussle.

Once AVB sorted that at the interval Chelsea started to dictate play and become more of a threat. A bad day at the office and work in progress, Swansea? just about earned a win but Chelsea also grudgingly just about deserved something for the second half performance. <ok>

6. BackStabbed

4-3-3 Is seriously not the right formation to play in the premier league anymore because our midfield is slow and most teams play 4 or 5 in midfield against us so as soon as we pass the ball the other teams got it, we have no width whatsoever

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Essentially both teams took a half each and neither created a lot. 1-1 was probably the right result though if we hadn't have got the goal you'd have certainly not begrudged them the win.

You have to wonder how Brendan (a man we trained) can get a squad like Swansea's playing so well and with so much desire yet we can't. Too many 'big time charlies'???

8. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

"we can hoof balls up to him and hope he makes something happen".

Have I strayed onto the Cardiff Forum?

Surely,chelsea,you must have higher aspirations than those?

9. BackStabbed

He was talking about Drogba, Drogbas the sort of player that likes the ball being hoofed to him whereas Torres is a player that needs pin-point passes etc

10. VETCHETARIAN

Yes,Swamp,you're 0-6 predicted scoreline,which you so clearly yearned for,did somewhat ridicule you.

Sort of left you up the creek,or possibly even in a swamp,with no paddle!!!

11. VETCHETARIAN

I realised that Drogba was being referred to. I was simply surprised to hear that a Club of Chelsea's standing would countenance the "hoof ball" approach.
    That's more Cardiff than Chelsea.

12. BackStabbed

It's a awful way to play but sadly 3/4 of our players can't play any other way hence why Torres will never shine for us untill we buy some creativity, only creative player we have is Mata and we stick him on the left. Torres has had one shot in 3 games and he even made that himself

13. VETCHETARIAN

"Awful",indeed. I don't remember Chelsea playing hoof ball under Maurinho.

Anyway,good luck for rest of season,perhaps we will meet again next season.

14. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Of course we know how good a job BR is doing....that's why we don't predict stupid 0-6 scorelines <doh>

15. BackStabbed

U 2 mate and of course we'll meet again next season, you've got as much chance as getting relegated as a jahovahs witness winning the lottery

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i was talking mainly about when threads pop up having a go at certain players and management when you lose a game, hey i got it wrong, i admitted that was ridiculed and swansea deserved a win, vetch was right, i'm on a raft in a swamp without a paddle <laugh>

17. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I think he meant if you don't get relegated <laugh>

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Drog at his best makes his own chances; he does not need to be spoonfed by his teammates

19. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

Reason is Brendan has a group of hungry and very talented underated players that will give their all for him because he has belief in them which in turn gives them the confidence something that maybe some other high profile managers (such as AVB) don't. You only have to look at your ex winger Scott Sinclair who was allowed to be farmed out on loan here there and everywhere whilst at Chelsea but finally found a home with us where his talents have been allowed to develop and shine.Would love the chance for Torres to be loaned out to us as I'm sure Brendan could rekindle his once scintillating form....

20. BackStabbed

Exactly my point, most of our players aren't hungry at the moment they couldn't give a **** - Malouda the main example. Thats why i don't see why AVB never played Josh or even gave Piazon some time last night, yes there young and inexperienced but at least their hungry and will give everything for the team, Lukaku hasn't done anything of note but at least his put 100% effort in and has shown how he wants to do well for us.
    It's so evident how to beat us these days - just get in our faces and put maximum pressure on our players and then all they will do is lose possession, when we lost to QPR 1-0, in the first half they was doing just that and was all over us and the same case in the match vs you boys yesterday.
    I just see no will or effort from at least half the players at our club at the moment