1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match thread Leeds vs Millwall

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 30, 2011.

1. lifecheshirewhite

Rumours are rumours,while you may think its no big deal.His dad,wife and kids may disagree.His lads are 13,and 14 I believe,can you imagine the hurt it could cause them,kids at school etc.There's a million rumours you could start,most would be hurtful to his family.No place for any on the Leeds site I believe.

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

It's not a rumour Marko's starting - that would require him to assert: "Gary Speed was gay and that's why he killed himself". He's speculating. And I very much doubt the Speed family are reading this forum - obviously it would be very stupid and wrong to repeat that speculation to their face, but discussion boards are here for dicussing and I think we can do that in good spirit.

As an aside, there are some fantastic pictures from the Millwall game here. Especially like the one with all the East Standers shielding their eyes from the sun. <laugh>

3. lifecheshirewhite

And I very much doubt the Speed family are reading this forum.

Why not.?.I live in Cheshire,as did Garry,as do the Leeds fans from the branches based in Crewe and Chester and there's another in north wales nearby.I would say there's a fair chance people who knew Garry or his family will see this.
    Lets hope his speculation doesn't add to the family's grief.

4. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Well said Chesh, <applause> maybe the truth will out later, but now is not the time to start speculating, before you know it, it gets regurgitated that much people start believing the bullshit.

5. woodd19

woodd19 Member

didnt really notice the extra mins for the first half sorry, as we'd already made a b line for the bar before the whistle went!:) but 3 mins for a few injuries and 2 subs seems rather low! Re the GS speculation, I think any opinions on the reasoning behind the tragedy should be left well alone! No theories can be backed up with any credible evidence and 'an opinion' however innocent can be construed as offensive! Unfortunately I don't think anyone will ever know why and pure guesswork doesn't help anyone!!!

6. Jerel Ifil

This speculation's been around in loads of places before this forum and has been pretty much nationally discussed already. It's nothing new that not606 would be suggesting. Anyway, there's not much more to be said and obviously it's horseshit until proven right, and rightly so. I certainly don't believe it. Just saying there's no need for personal attacks on people who make an innocuous comment suggesting a possible cause for this great mystery.

But yeah, hope we can leave that at that.

7. Cunning

Cunning Member

Are we allowed jokes yet? Ive got a few through.

8. Jerel Ifil

Probably best keep it to the Millwall board if you're going to do that and leave it to Showoff's discretion. I'd advise you not to after the recent events on General Chat regarding Speed jokes.

9. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Yes go on I need an excuse to smash your teeth in :)

10. Cunning

Cunning Member

Id love to see you try Knobbo. Would be hilarious. <laugh>

11. The-Don

Im a big **** ya know :)

12. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, in the spirit of the entente cordiale that seems to have sprung up between Leeds & 'Wall fans, can we leave the jokes that are no doubt circulating either to the privacy of the 'Wall Board or any bar you care to choose in Deptford? Just as a mark of respect as anything else. No one knows yet the reason for Gary's early demise, & for the sake of his surviving family, let's hope it stays that way.

13. Cunning

Cunning Member

I could have told ya you were a massive **** ages ago Knobbo. :D

Boggers, I wasn't going to. Few shandy's last night and a quite ill advised joke. Apologies <ok>

14. The-Don

Who are Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillwall losing to this weekend ****flaps?

15. Cunning

Cunning Member

****flaps eh?! how imaginative. I've never seen one with flaps before. But then I don't shag dirty northern Yorkshire prostitutes then hide them in my basement dismember them and dump them by the side of the road from my van. Not my style

But to answer your question. Were playing Cardiff. We've been putting down crash mats for them all week.

16. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Hope you thump em <ok>

17. The-Don

I wouldn't worry too much their away support is as bad as yours so u will be able to scare the couple of hundred they bring :)

18. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

There are no restrictions on Cardiff fans Kisnorbo and a 3 o'clock kick off, maybe the Met Filth could give the WY Filth some lessons in Policing a high profile football match?
    I think they have sold their allocation or close to it.

19. The-Don

Stupid the WYP need to grow some balls :)

20. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Why? they get paid overtime know doubt for the shift change then they got **** all to do all day. I dont think they will want to change a thing & they certainlly wouldnt want a more hostile atmosphere at Elland Road. Might actually have to do something then!

Not good for the fans though, especially the travelling lot <ok>