1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match of the day...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by sotonsaint, May 27, 2012.

1. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

It's going to be weird watching saints on MOTD for the first time in 7 years. Atleast we will be guranteed good highlights week in week out, instead of the usual 30 seconds we used to get on the FLS. Watching Maniche and Claridge on a saturday had become a regular routine in my life the last few years, I will be sad to see it a go in a weird way.

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Its funny, in those seven years my life pattern has changed enormously. From a bachelor pad of fun in a well paid 9-till-5, I'd rarely be in on a Saturday night, so my football mostly happened at 3pm, then it would be a paper to catch the rest & scan the tables. But now, two kids later & self employed, I find myself in on the evening, content in the knowledge I'm no longer searching.
    I'm looking forward to the next chapter, but won't forget where we've been. Its been fun finding Markus & living his dream.

3. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

I have to say I do like the Football League Show <ok>

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I'll have you know we were more often than not, the main match in the Championship, getting 10 minutes or more, and certainly far more than 30 seconds, and even bettering that when we were in League One, I'll be surprised if we are not much more than the last game of the MOTD programme, with no comment, nor appreciation. We'll have to get used to being alsorans for a while, before the glamour pundits wake up to smell the new coffee.

And...
    and I'll honestly miss it with us not being there. We'll just have to take this plastic league by storm, I suppose.

5. ----HistoryRepeating----

The football league show will miss us, thats for sure.

6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Certainly will. But now they have Jordan Rhodes in the front line. I wonder for how long though..?

7. Southampton_FC

The FLS wasnt all that bad to be honest, but we now havd bigger fish to fry (no pun intended pompey fans) :)

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I'll miss Claridge because in the end he admired us...even with a good start, the people who front MOTD will be sure we're a flash in the pan. We were treated pretty well by the FLS...big fish syndrome.

9. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

MOTD has, quite correctly, changed the way it orders matches. The amount of action determines a game's position in the broadcast now. Chelsea were the last match on MOTD for most of AVB's reign!

10. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

The BBC are dropping their online highlights for the Football League, which I thought was the best bit about their package. So maybe it's a good year to get out really.

As for MotD, I don't expect Saints to get instant recognition on day one. To be honest, I'm more than happy to get little media coverage for as long as possible. So bring on the last slot of the day.

11. JakeTheSaint

JakeTheSaint Member

I'm pleased to hear that MOTD will be available on BBC Iplayer on Monday mornings, so if I do miss out on a saturday night and I'm not a morning person (sunday's out of the picture) , I can watch them on the old tinternet

12. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

We definitley had a good innings on the FLS, however, I do think Match of the day is a great show, love the format, and I'm very happy that we're back on board. I just hope we give everyone (and us) some entertainment.

I think Claridge will miss us, he was seriously coming around to being a Saint me thinks! I wonder who the token Saint will be on MOD? Probably Shearer:undecided:

13. ----HistoryRepeating----

Not Lawrenson, that for sure! We'll be his top tip..................forever more