1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Parking suggestions?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saint Elsewhere, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Saint Elsewhere

Saint Elsewhere Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been done to death, but for those of you that drive, where do you park? I come up from Dorset & usually park in Ocean Village (tons of spaces usually) but getting out travelling West is a chore - you get stuck in lots of West Quay traffic unfortunately.

Am I missing somewhere obvious? Are there any magic parking places anywhere that'll get me back on the motorway quicker? :smiley:

2. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

There used to be by the east side of itchen bridge, but the last time I was there there was wardens ticketing it. I had to drive around Southampton until I found a random space. There's a place right by the stadium that charges a fiver which goes to charity though, anyone know what I'm talking about?

3. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think so, although if it's the one I'm thinking of it will be a bloody nightmare to get out of after the match.

4. Dyslexic Saint

Park and ride in Burseldon. Right by the motorway.

5. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

I always park in Brinton's Road which is the road that the fire station is in. Very, very close to the stadium and always plenty of spots in the road right up to kick off. No restrictions in the road and I've always managed to park there.

6. NN-Saint

NN-Saint Member

Not any more :)

I travel from Northampton and park in Grosvenor Square - that way I get to do a bit of exercise during the 15 min walk to the ground. Also nice and easy to get out via Hill Lane.

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

You can park in my parking space for £20? :p

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Good to see you on shades!

9. Stranraersaint

Stranraersaint New Member

TP under Itchen Bridge is the one that charges £5 and the money goes to charity. Try and park near the front of the yard though as it takes a while to get out if near the back.

10. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

This is probably the best solution in a way.......as you can get to Shirley easy from there and on to Nursling and pick up the M27 going west from there. May save a few minutes but not much in it me thinks.

11. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Yes, Grosvener looks favourite. Other alternative is park around Bitterne train station. A quick walk over Northam Bridge and getting away from there to the motorway is easy. I appreciate it's the wrong side of town but you won't have any West Quay entanglements.

12. JakeTheSaint

JakeTheSaint Member

A friend of mine recommended Solent Uni to me last season. Best parking space ever. I work in Chandlers Ford and start at 6 meaning it's a bit of a rush from the stadium to work. I leave at the full-time and get home, latest 5.15. Giving me plenty of time to get ready and leave. Although at this time of year I'm not entirely sure if it's actually open, but I highly recommend it for the future. Free parking and can leave as quick as a flash and only a short walk from the stadium.

13. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I park with ok access to Bevois valley/Thomas Lewis way and then it's fairly quick out to the M27 at Eastleigh. Ten minute walk from the ground and a couple of options out from where I park.