1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Indeed

2. 2whitestripes

In brief for today, West Ham at the Cottage, ko 5:30pm and live on Sky.
    No new injuries and Maja will take part in some way, Scott is pleased with him.
    We need a win, we are losing ground on those above us...............

3. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Teams just out, looks like Parker has ditched the 3 centre back plan, as he's dropped Aina. Looks like it could be a 4-2-3-1

Areola
    Tete Tosin Andersen Robinson
    Reed Lemina
    Bobby RLC Lookman
    Cav

4. 2whitestripes

Aina and Zambo on the bench, a surprise for me..........

5. Fabulous Fabio

Another draw :emoticon-0108-speec

I said a few weeks ago we were entering a run of winnable games, 4 games into that run and we have 3 points from them. I'll never give up but as games keep passing by and we still aren't getting wins, it's getting harder to remain positive.

Theres only so many times we can keep saying that we are improving, the performances are there, the results will come etc. We've been saying all these for months now, but we are fast running out of games. After todays other results we are 8 points from safety, thats a big gap for a team thats only won 2 games all season.

2whitestripes and Fulham COYW like this.
  6. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

We played well again tonight and deserved a win but taking our chances when they come along just isn't happening.

The good thing is the team has not given up. 100% effort again tonight, you can't fault that. When I think back to our last relegation effort we at least have a good team spirit and to be honest play a style of football that is easy on the eye. We've got a reputation as being a team hard to beat, a far cry from our first games. Games are running out but while the team have commitment and faith, I do too.

2whitestripes likes this.
  7. Fabulous Fabio

It's definitely not impossible but we need to go on a run similar to those around us. If you look at the form table, Brighton have 11 points from their last 5 games, Sheff Utd have 9 points, Burnley have 7 points, Newcastle have 6 points. In comparison we have 3.

The one there that gives me hope for us, is the run Sheff Utd have managed to put together. They went half the season without a win then get 3 wins in their last 5 games. It just shows its not impossible for us to put a run together. Theres been some mad results this season, teams at the bottom beating teams at the top etc. So every game matters, every game we need to go into thinking we can get 3 points.

8. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

You just know with Calvert-Lewin looking like he is injured, Josh King will step in and score on his Everton debut..
    Will Scott Parker be more adventurous or sit back and hit on the break.
    It's a case of who will play up front.
    Wonder if Maja is ready ?

More bad news from Bristol City on the injury front: medial ligament tear for Alfie Mawson and he has returned to Fulham.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  9. Fabulous Fabio

Well, after a win for Burnley and a draw for Brighton today, we are now 10 points from safety. The teams around us have responded well in the last few weeks and managed to pull away a bit, its looking a long way back now.

As for our match tomorrow, we just need to go for it. Even though Everton are having a decent season, they don't have the best home form, they have only won 4 home games in the league this season, for a team doing well thats surprising so maybe its not impossible for us to get a result tomorrow. Perhaps Scott and the boys can throw in another surprise like the Leicester result earlier in the season, we are definitely capable.

The performance last week against West Ham was an improvement, just yet again couldn't get the result. I don't like talking about luck, as I think you make your own luck, but we need something to happen for us in one of these games. Whether its a deflection that goes in, a miss hit shot, a massive OG, just something to go our way, as nothing is at the moment. If we get that bit of luck and get a result then it could just spark something, who knows.

Fulham COYW and 2whitestripes like this.
  10. 2whitestripes

We need some goals and a win.
    Just think what we could do once that confidence is there...........

11. Fabulous Fabio

Maja starts, Mitro has tested positive for Covid so will be out for a couple weeks.

Heres hoping Maja can have an immediate impact!

12. Fulham COYW

First half v Everton following similar pattern to our last 10 games or so. Doing well but no goal yet. Please lets get a goal this 2nd half our performance deserves.

13. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Get in! What a great result? We believe. COYW

Fulham COYW likes this.
  14. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Sorry meant to be a ! Not a ?

15. Fabulous Fabio

We actually won a match <yikes><yikes><yikes>

What a performance though, well deserved. Great for Maja to get a couple of goals too, hopefully a sign of things to come from him. Maja will get the praise for the goals but my MOTM was Reed, what a shift he put in! He was absolutely everywhere and involved in everything. To be fair everyone was great, but Reed a real stand out for me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  16. Fulham COYW

Brilliant win and so much deserved. That will give everyone confidence, including me. I agree Reed was excellent as were the whole team. How good was this for Maja, two goals, unbelievable...so happy.

17. Fulham COYW

Just looking at our fixtures, winnable games coming up but I see our last game is home against Newcastle. Wouldn't it be good if we were still in with a chance. Perhaps shouldn't get ahead of myself but just thought that was weird.

18. 2whitestripes

Brilliant, just brillant.
    So pleased....

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  19. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

How many times this season have we dropped points because we didn't have a striker attacking the six yard box? Maja's goals were not spectacular on his part but they were exactly what we've been missing all year. Cavaleiro is a good player, but he's certainly no striker.

The team performance was strong again. If we can produce more games like that, with Maja on the end of our chances rather than Cavaleiro, then we might just pull off another escape.

20. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Must admit after the 1st half I thought here we go again we've had our one good half and couldn't take advantage, but was pleasantly surprised that we controlled the 2nd half and went on to win. Not had many games this season where we've had 2 good halfs.
    Reed was my MOTM. I don't think Cavaleiro would have been into those positions that Maja was in as he never seems to follow in on shots like that, the way Mitro would also.
    Wonder what the story is on Joe Bryan being left out again altogether, it's the bench you wonder about how some get on there in front.