1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Massengo is a Robin - 1 Down 4 To Go.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 5, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

You obviously do not understand the post you have highlighted to reply to!

read … = pronounced "reed" = i am going to read this book ……... next future
    read .. == pronounced "red" = a book finished with or "red" …….. in the past
    read... I am read[ing ] "pronounced "reed[ing] this book .........….present
    There are many words that have the same traits and "ambiguities" …. read is just the first one that came to mind
    I would be the first to agree that in the short snappy context of forums the language/ grammar suffers, when I write articles for books or magazines or papers[ not your media press] etc the attention to detail is far far better! but after shorthanding Morse code and amateur radio over 35 years or more it all starts off "as notes"

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you still spelt Pigeon wrong!! <cheers>....Most literature will not spell it pidgeon...In fact none that I've seen...

"'Pidgeon' is both slang and a word: BLUE PIDGEON FLIERS, thieves who steal lead off houses and churches, (cant). This etymological site suggests the term 'Pidgeon''s etymology is unclear but Wikipedia states "Pidgeon is a surname from an archaicspelling of pigeon".

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

A bit worried that we won’t get a striker now......

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

He still won’t admit he was wrong. He will tell you he writes new words for the Oxford dictionary next.

Go on JGF just admit you are a dimlow

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  5. RedorDead

Just read on OTIB that this signing is €3 million down payment rising to to €8 million. It was by a reputable poster so perhaps this wasn’t a conspiracy theory that I mentioned earlier in the thread before the pigeon’s came to roost

6. oneforthebristolcity

Isn't that weird that you spelt Pigeon the same way as I do? <laugh>:emoticon-0105-wink:

RedorDead likes this.
  7. johngalleyfan2

I have a few books first editions going back to the earliest of 1798! a few late 1800's and early 1900's .. In one was comments about the red kites keeping the pidgeons at bay in London [ when London was more rural more tree's ] they had problems with them thar pidgeons! back then .. Victorian times ….

8. johngalleyfan2

sorry no relation to your family :emoticon-0100-smile

9. oneforthebristolcity

You need to read books mate that has decent writers....one's that can spell would help!!! :emoticon-0105-wink:

10. RedorDead

My mother’s a professor at Buckingham university, father was also predicted for greater things but choose not to be. But does have 9 A levels. Also grandfather used to proof read lots of great novels plus technical books and different languages.
    Cousin is director at Filton college.
    The list goes on.
    So nope you’re definitely not part of my family as they could all spell pigeon.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.

11. johngalleyfan2

in what context?
    so what happened to you? were they so involved with doing their own things, you got forgotten …
    didn't get 9 A levels just 5, DR David Bellamy was one of my tutors .. but dint see no pink panthers! … 0 levels was double figures but must admit only 2 were top grade rest second tier and one was third … have 19 city and guild certificates wide ranging subjects suppose the best might be in [BASIC] electronics.. have had articles published all over the world probably 70 or more countries …
    bit like your dad though had the education but just enjoyed life doing what I fancied …...

12. RedorDead

Depends on which way you look at it with me. But let’s just say I’m 53 and I could retire if I wished

13. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

From what you're both saying then you could just about apply to be one of the 20,000 coppers Boris wants to recruit!! Even at your respective ages!!!!

RedorDead likes this.
  14. RedorDead

JGF made a comment that my family are dimlows. So I’m just pointing out that it’s not the case. My ability to retire is nothing to do with me other than being lucky with my choice of wife.

15. johngalleyfan2

I did at 60 ..but got bored carried on part time getting paid to travel all over the UK and WESTERN EUROPE .. ……

ps I never called your family dimlows … your comment