1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Marvin Rees and the CSF

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

very interesting read.

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Yes it is

4. realred1952

fits my slant on life always look at the bigger picture before jumping in.

without writing a book … lol .. we have to be thankful of what we have got, and look after History, whether it be past, current [ what we are creating] or future [ what we plan to leave ]

Do the Spanish, [mainly,] Portugese French Dutch look back at the vast rich's they plundered from [ mainly America's central/southern ] countries often committing genocide to help build the infra structures that tourists now flock to see … or have the same outlook on the many wars [ a lot failed navy invasions! ] they became embroiled in or the trading of humans as slaves?

Should we all take time, and look back into our personal history [ family tree ] we may see uncles aunts parents cousins etc etc . However do we know why or how our great great great grand parents came to be instrumental in our being here?
    TV and films come up with some amazing plots. Things like being the survivor because !!!!! ... say for example a group of friends going to a game, and one decides to pause for a moment to buy a programme, there is a loud crash and his group of friends are killed when a runaway vehicle crushes them to death just up the road ……….. or miss a flight that never reach's its destination! …. etc etc ..

I am directly a result of the war WW2 …[ many many people are ] neither parent would or could have met without it! delving back into our family tree war features again WW1, my grand father was the only survivor of 4 of his platoon which was hit by a german grenade... ended up blind lost most of his fingers … but my nan stayed loyal to him got married and had my mother [ one of 3 sisters ]…. we all take things for granted and should not.

this article shows the "real " side of "an event" not the ones that were bandied about[ media glorifications ] or the PC one ! [ spin doctored ] from Marvin! ……… but an insight of more of the bigger picture!

I embrace our history, its pluses and negatives [ good or bad ] we all are where we are because of it, be we white black or any shade /colour that often is human interaction or result of evolution.

on my fathers side my bloodline can be traced back to 1440 [ cousin [s ] did it, my mothers side to late 1700's …

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I found it an interesting read. I am pretty sure I know who Steve is. What I found interesting is getting away from what the CSF is, or was the police and nationally media establish their the far-right and racist narratives.

In Bristol it wasn't and could not be true.

6. AshtonRed

Don’t they say it’s only the females that can be followed back with any accuracy, for obvious reasons .

7. realred1952

one would concur … however what is the chances of it being in your hereditary tree?
    going back through the ages most women held on to it for wedding night and quite often babies were born within a year of wedding … 2nd onward tended to be a around 1 year later families of 6 or more kids usually established within 8 -9 years!

8. AshtonRed

The mother is guaranteed the father isn’t, it’s that simple.

9. realred1952

it is not 100% !