1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martinez is destroying the defence

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Dec 1, 2014.

1. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Something I've seen a lot of other fans saying.

We've conceded 5 goals in 8 matches, stop spouting bollocks.

2. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Distan needs replacing and Stones Is Injured at the moment...Howards dip In form Is not helping either all that said Moyes defence mode has worn off maybe we should ask him back as defensive coach lol<whistle>

3. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Our defence has been fine recently though, we've kept three clean sheets in a row in Europe.

4. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

We have defended ok I Europe but the league defensive performances have been ****e IMO<steam>

5. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

earlier in the season yeah, I think we've getting back to normal lately, could do with more clean sheets but Spurs was the first game we've conceded more than once since Man Utd game.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Distin is finally showing his age and Howard needs some genuine quality competition

7. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Howard seems to only turn up for the European matches, it's annoying as ****.

Still, when we were conceding goals at the start of the season, it was all 'Roberto Martinez doesn't have Moyes' defence to fall back on this season' yet before spurs we'd conceded 3 goals in 7 matches and I didn't hear a single word of 'Martinez has done well to get the defence back on track'.

I'm talking about media outlets and other fans really but it's been annoying me. Rodgers seems to get very little criticisms in comparison to how embarrassing their defence is.

8. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Well people are idiots, 3rd meanest defence last season<ok>

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

having Jags out of form after a long summer, Distin and Stones injured....Coleman and Baines also missing games and that adds up to a few defensive issues.

All of which are now looking fixed

10. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

We would have been even better if Stones hadn't gotten injured. Martinez is in for a big decision once Stones returns from injury.

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

It is not a big decision to be honest, he really needs to stop splitting the CB's when in posession at the back for a time. our forward players are not doing so well at retaining the ball and it makes us easier to counterattack against if we quickly lose posession.

As for who starts in the back four, that should be the best four we have, Distin has returned and looked good along with Jagielka, but so did Alcaraz until his unfortunate injury and the same with Stones