1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martin Skertl "Facts"

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

To be fair to Swarbs he is one of the best posters on here. It's actually quite frustrating that a forum which is so quiet can produce such a high quality of football discussion between Liverpool & rival teams fans. there's very little silly wummery unlike the wum haven that is 606 and peoples views do not get lost like RAWK (Although I love RAWK)

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think you'll find I actually came on the board for a bit of banter, much like I do on the Arsenal, Chelsea and City boards. After all, someone once told me football was a team game...

I then asked why Liverpool fans seemed so convinced NESV were going to make huge investments in the summer and propel Liverpool back into immediate title contention, when everything I'd heard from them indicated that they wanted the club to be self financing and had a long term plan based on buying for value. I didn't expect that some Liverpool fans would respond by saying "Hur hur, your club's in debt and our's isn't. Hur hur, you'll soon go bankrupt", and then fill every thread with comments about Portuguese tramps and bond issues. Obviously it was stupid of me not to expect that.

In retrospect I probably should have realised what way the debate was heading, and stopped replying to them a bit earlier. I'll remember that in future.

Actually, I'll be back cos there are some Liverpool fans who are worth having an intelligent debate with, without descending into childish insults <ok>

I agree - I always hated the fact that wums could thrive on 606 cos they were clever enough to avoid using any of the terms that alerted the mods. IT's much better on here where the moderation is more reasonable and effective, and we seem to mostly have people who are interested in debating and not just trying to get a reaction. Although a little bit of original wumming is always good for a laugh imo.

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I can barely go on 606 anymore... i used to try and post but now I just go, see the same articles, the same ones, the wums who impersonate being a Liverpool supporter are the worst, how much free time do you have!

TickyNo! used to crack me up with team selections and values, etc. Good stuff.

4. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

" then asked why Liverpool fans seemed so convinced NESV were going to make huge investments in the summer "

Convinced, we have no idea, hopeful yes, anticipation yes, certainty no, far from it, but it is a Martin SKrtel thread, not a NEV thread swarbs. yes it is a team game, this aint footy though is it, and there can be banter within a team, unless it is the united board:) without having to go else where for some mental stimulation. I dont blame you matey coming on here, I honestly from a purely forum perspective think this is a better board that any of the others I have visited

Dont read to much into all of this swarbs, it's a forum, to use David O'Leary's worn out saying, "at the end of the day"

Dont take everything so literally dude

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier if we just call them the scum. ;)