1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mark Hudson

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Took a long time to settle at city, but eventually came good. Scored the first goal for us at home to Huddersfield to kick off the promotion season, and of course that run of 10 consecutive home wins...wouldn't we like a repeat of that? Scored "that" goal against Derby, long range wonder! Then he threw that last game for city, with an "og" hmmm...:emoticon-0103-cool: Good man for us, good luck in his retirement I say!

whiffletree and BluefromBridgend like this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When Huds first arrived from Charlton I thought he was a carthorse. Slow to turn and no speed over the ground once the ball had got past him. It took a while but he improved and became a favourite of mine and I think a few others on here for his attitude and captaincy.

When we came down from the Prem I was very surprised and not a little annoyed for the guy when Ole suddenly sprung it on that he didn't want him with only a couple of days of the transfer window left for him to find another club.

Thankfully Huddersfield took him on straight away and he was with them when they went up the Prem last year. A good reader of the game, he was articulate with the media and appeared a gentleman in the game. Good luck to him.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I echo all those thoughts. A great servant and captain for City. Instrumental in us getting to the Prem. And shabbily treated after relegation.

I wish him every success in his new role except for whenever they play us. <whistle>

whiffletree likes this.
  4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Huds was up there with the best captains I've seen in a City shirt.

I had lost faith with Ole a long time before he sacked Huds and I will never forget that, I'm a believer that when your time is up there should be no sentiment ( Earnie and Whitts come to mind) but Huds could have done a job for us for a few more years.

whiffletree and BluefromBridgend like this.
  5. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Top player, captain and a good guy wish him all the best in whatever he does next

whiffletree likes this.
  6. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

... I still want to know how he scored that goal!!!

Goodluck Huds, one of my favourite defenders.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Apart from a poor game v Blackpool at a Wembley (he wasn't the only one mind) he was brilliant.

Up there with my fave City "blockers" plus that freak goal.

Should make a decent defensive coach if he's staying on the game