1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester Utd vs Newcastle Utd

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JakartaToon, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We did ok and then threw it all away in a disaster spell just before half time. They were beginning to get frustrated.

The game plan was the right one but in the end a far better side just nailed us.

Thought Pogba was excellent and has been ever since Matic arrived and released him into his proper position. I'm not convinced with Lejeunes at times I have to say. I thought he was **** for the Smalling goal. You could argue Martial was climbing all over Yedlin for the first but you'll never get a ref disallowing that at Old Trafford.

The full backs had a torrid time. I think Man U and Chelsea will fight it out for 2nd place. It will be close and Man U have a strong squad. Probably a bit deeper than Chelseas. Man C look all over the winners but you never know.

2. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Hi Mr Stretford, just so I'm clear, when you say "we" are you talking about Manchester United or Newcastle United? <cheers>

3. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I agree it was the correct game plan except for it seemingly being abandoned for periods of the second half when we pushed up higher and got done on the counter which was meant to be our trick. The positioning and shape just went to pot although they did get it back together later in the game.

4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

**** off

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Ah I see. So Manchester then.

Marra SAFC 77 and JakartaToon like this.