1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester Utd vs Newcastle Utd

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JakartaToon, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Monged.com

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Good game.

You lot won't be in trouble this season.

3. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Gayle had us dreaming for a while Tel but normal service was resumed.

I know he only came on as a sub but I could watch ibrahimovic every week. What a player. What a guy.

Sheikh_of_Araby and Diego like this.
  4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Ibra is my favourite PL player and has been for over a year. Folk think he is arrogant but he is just pissing around with people.

5. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Decent first half and should have done better with some of the chances. Couldn't believe the amount of space Pogba and Valencia were given and our inability to defend crosses is becoming worrying, however we did play some nice stuff going forward and I definitely think Mitrovic should be given a run up front as he can't be any worse than Joselu.

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

He really didn't do anything other than that scissor kick, but his presence just puts fear into teams. Lukaku doesn't have that, not yet anyway.

Pogba was impressive today, it's not cool to admit it though so we should all just carry on saying how **** he is.

7. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I thought Pogba was excellent. He had Hayden tied up in knots when he put the cross in for goal number 2 and was pinging the ball all over the field. Having Valencia and Young at full back is a massive asset too. You guys were just putting cross after cross in and the law of averages says some are going to find a red shirt.

8. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not dissappointed particularly. Expected to get beaten but great that we show attacking intent in away games.
    As someone said need to start picking up a few more points and then look forward to our 500 mill christmas present and spending it in the January sales.

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Every time you attacked you looked dangerous, that game could easily have ended 4-3 or 4-4. Nice to see an away team show some ambition, I hope we do it more now we have Pogba back.

10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think its the one thing that could hold Man United back is Mourinho’s tendancy to set up to not lose the big games. With the players he has available he should be willing to take risks against any opposition.
    Will be interesting how he plays it against City next month as you have to get 3pts to keep the title race competitive

11. leez

leez Well-Known Member

not impressed with that lejune me like ... huge bloke ,can hardly get of the ground to defend high balls .. awareness was poor no decent defender would let smalling in behind like that ..

12. General Lee Speaking

It is an attention issue. Can be fixed, but only if he wakes up to the fact that you can't switch off for a second in the Premier League. Where was Manquillo for that goal though? I would have expected him to be defending that position. I need to see more replays.

Anyway, let's not forget the quality of the opposition when criticising our players. Man Utd were a couple of levels above our lads (as expected).

13. General Lee Speaking

Sit back and Man City will tear into them. Attack and Man City will tear into them. Best team in the league and possibly the world right now.

14. leez

leez Well-Known Member

he made mistakes against southampton ...cant blame the full back that was up and down all game ... he knew he was behind him and should of made a simple block or clearance .the man was letting players go all game ... also likes to play the lazy offside game which he is not very good at .. ok manu better team i admit that ,,,but when you defend like that , it does not matter who your playing..... it is just not good enough. need lascelles back soon as

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  15. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

Never watched it as I expected the worst.
    We scored and did OK from what I've heard.
    We move on to Watford a must win game.

16. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

We were always going to lose this match.
    We lost our most creative player in Merino and they got theirs back in Pogba.
    No Lascelles to help counter the threat of Lukaku and latterly Ibra, both huge powerful forwards up at times against Yedlin who is tiny in comparison.
    What was very positive was that we scored, something many teams have failed to do at Old Trafford. We looked dangerous on the counter attack.
    4-1 flatters them just a little, but they were the better team, simply had more quality and strength in depth off the bench.
    We move on, having fought well in the first half we were never going to be able to keep that up for 90 mins.
    I for one continue to see our cup as definitely half full.

17. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

I'm just glad Jacob Murphy got a game, about time. Let's hope we pick up some momentum soon, because there's a lot of similar **** this year, and we'll be amongst it very quickly.

18. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

Is Martial impeding the defender?

please log in to view this image

19. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

thought we played well for the first 45 and the last 10. Went a bit headless in the middle 35. We were never going to pick up a lot of points from the top 4 this season though so what the hell.

20. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Thought we were a bit slow on the counter tbh, you saw from our goal that was the game plan and we just didn't really do it again after the goal, tried to sit in and hold off a very strong Man U team which was never going to bode well. Also thought our full backs were poor defensively, Manquillo was unexsistent and Yedlin while good going forwards wasn't great going the other way.

Apart from that though you can't complain though, better team won and I tell you what, Pogba made Jonjo and Hayden look very exceptionally average. What a pleasure to watch that lad play, really has everything and then you think it was his first game back off injury...

J. J. McClure likes this.