1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester Utd v Sevilla

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Mar 10, 2018.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Well you have the financial muscle, you just need the coach and maybe a DoF

2. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Jose to United is like Trump to the USA! Both loco!!

It used to be a treat to watch United in the Charlton days. Fergie? Yuk! Successful,yes.Never watched his teams unless they were playing Spurs.

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So how do you know if they were yuk if you only watched them beat Spurs a couple of times per season :huh:

4. gav81

gav81 Active Member

What the DoF is a DoF?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. I don't like the idea, it's just adding another level of management.

5. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Ehh majority of the time our football under Sir Alex was brilliant. He would go defensive when it really needed it though.

Mourinho only has one setting and it’s only just about acceptable if we are winning the league, which we are not even close.

Diego likes this.
  6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Director of Football

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

The Tevez, Rooney & C.Ronaldo season was annoyingly very entertaining. As much as I wanted them to lose, you couldn't help admiring the way they played.

Right, off for a bath in acid now....:emoticon-0119-puke:

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

If you get a decent one, you get continuity of playing staff while the managerial door revolves.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, at Chelsea he won a lot so Roman/we embraced it.

I don't think he would have lasted that long under Roman with a 6th place finish and elimination by poor Sevilla (27 points behind Barca) after a mega spend

10. gav81

gav81 Active Member

If we get a decent manager, we get continuity of playing staff. A DoF is even a hindrance to the manager's own ideals/shaping his own team. And what if we don't get a decent DoF? I certainly wouldn't trust Woodward to pick one. It's another level of management to complain about and sack, except it's tougher to remove a DoF than a manager.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You could have four of five managers in next decade. A decent DoF helps attract and keep quality signings for next coach after Jose etc leaves

12. gav81

gav81 Active Member

The fear is, what if we hired a Moyes, Van Gaal or Mourinho type as our DoF? We'd be ****ed for the next decade.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

<laugh>

Jose can attract the best. Some he inspires; some he destroys!!!

14. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Jose, or the insane money we've thrown at players and agents?

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Think Jose still has some pull, despite the way you played v Sevilla

16. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

As much as JM has proved he lacks cojones and not making full use of his players talents, there is something I have called the post SAF United factor or the curse of United. Whatever the explanation and there are many potential ones, almost everyone player, manager, executive that United has recruited post Ferguson has turned from gold to dust. The list of players who were supposed to top class turned out to be less so when they joined: DiMaria, falcao to present day Pogba and Sanchez...the ones who are thriving are the ones we already had: DeGea Valencia Young etc. Manager: Moyes turned from a very good manager to mediocre, LVG had a good cv until he came here and played the worst football seen. Same with JM.

The talk of Ronaldo or bale coming back or joining us doesn’t fill me with excitement because as day follows night they’ll be **** playing for us.

17. gav81

gav81 Active Member

The curse of United <laugh>

The only curse is the three bandits, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho, who between them successively stole our standards, attacking football and youth.

Once those three pillars of the United way have been released, the curse will be lifted.

18. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

All in jest of course. Curse or whatever you want to call it. The managers cited were amongst the very top . That’s why they were recruited but they all shrivelled when they came to OT. And their reputation diminished. Would you recruit JM if you were another top club? PSG must be nuts if they “pinch” him from us. And they’ll be welcome too. Isn’t strange that all the managers coming after Ferguson have turned to be lesser than before they were recruited? I blame SAF myself , sitting in the stands and judging ...:D ala Moyes when he was asked not to attend. <laugh>

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  19. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I actually think their reputations were well documented when they came to United and they've lived up to them.

The board simply put too much stock in their long ago achievements, under different circumstances, at different clubs rather than understand the qualities that make a good manager for United here and now.

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This^

Moyes FFS!
    An ageing VG
    A fading Mourinho

How to destroy a fantastic club in the space of 5 years. Football changes fast, a decent coach, chief exec and you will be back up there with Barca Real Bayern, which is where United should ALWAYS be. No excuses. Especially with your revenue.