1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester Utd v Sevilla

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Mar 10, 2018.

1. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

They don't care about 30 measily points.They are a cup team!

2. bigsmithy9

.....like we used to be!!!!?

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Tell you what, Rufflad. If a Liverpool manager ever talked like that in a presser, I'd want him gone immediately.

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Destroy is rather OTT.

The question has always been when does the club get back there on a consistent basis not if. Some here thought or hoped that there would just a continuation of the era with Moyes. I said it would take a long time and at least £300m. The income the club gets makes it inevitable that sooner or later the right manager will be picked. We are hoping that it will quicker than after Busby. Those like the RS who think that United not being successful (discounting in the meantime the trophies (which they themselves didn’t win never mind the title) such as the FA, League Cup and Europa as mirages) will decrease their global fan base and income are living in cloud cuckoo land. United were as globally popular in the second division in the 70s as they were in the 1st.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. bigsmithy9

Actually,United were just a regular run of the mill topteam until a certain day when a plane crashed and people everywhere felt sorry for them (which was as it should have been). They got fixtures altered and were given players from other clubs to help them out.......so nostalgia has followed them to this day!
    Look at Man City.Walking away with the PL but everyone is more concerned with United.

6. Christiansmith

That may seem unfair but that’s the reality. I doubt there would have been as many column inches devoted to City successes or mishaps. United seem to generate lots more interest than any other club, successful or not.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The name Manchester United is perfect click bait for people hoping for a negative story, I use 4 main sports sites BBC, Sky, ESPN and the United web site. If I want to know about minor un-noticed things going on with the club like the manager farting in public or a steward losing a tenner in a pub bet I go on the Liverpool board, they have people on there who spend hours a day trawling for United news and link to articles from publications like the Knotty ash gazette or the Portsmouth evening post.
    I could never make the time to find the things they do <laugh>

8. bigsmithy9

Oh Diego. You do fib so!

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Tis true I swear me lud :(

10. Christiansmith

That is the paradox. There is no such thing as bad publicity as far as the clubs and the money men are concerned. The more the likes of the Daily mail and the sun castigate and crucify JM and the expensive players the more the club stays in the limelight and the more expensive sponsorships and endorsements cost and the more valuable the United shares and the income they get. So in wanting to destroy United the press are actually building it up. If United started sliding into anonymity the club finances and following might suffer. But no chance of that ever happening;)

Diego likes this.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Thin ****ing ice Smithy.

12. bigsmithy9

True,old son,isn't it?