1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Newcastle United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Mason should definitely be one of the main starters. With regards to Sancho, i saw enough from him on Saturday to believe he will have involvement in a lot of goals this season by both assists and scoring.
    I watched the game and it crossed my mind that if that 11 get a few starts together Rashy may struggle to get back in until an injury or suspension occurs.

cytrax likes this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Exactly! Sancho is calmer and more thoughtful with the ball. That’s always been his strength. Rashford is faster, especially with counter attacking plays but can run into problems building plays. I think Ole is going to have to rotate between Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford. But with the number of games, they should all get enough time. But I certainly wouldn’t bench Greenwood just to give Rashford a starting role.

Diego likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You seem to be of a similar mind to me with this, Rashford against teams that may pin us back a bit and Sancho against those that sit back.(both on the left).
    Sancho can also cover for Greenwood when needed on the right (never put Rashford on the right <doh>)

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

That match couldn’t have gone better. Like OGS said it could have been a damp squib. And all the media would have come out in force to ask what was the fuss about.

The best goal for me was that first goal. Yes a tap in but one that many of our No9s wouldn’t be in a position to take advantage of.

Promising start and let’s hope that Ole can use CR as a catalyst for the young team and get his team firing at a higher level. Juggling the needs of the other players and the whole team and the wants of CR isn’t going to be easy.

Sancho had a quiet game. But he is trying to find his feet in a new team. Greenwood could build a partnership with CR at the top if we need to chase a game. With rashford and Sancho on the wings.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

If it does, fck him.

I personally, don't give a **** about our spending but if Pogba's primary motivation is money then bye bye. Haven't seen anyone else clambering to offer him loads to come and play for them though.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Oh i agree entirely.
    It would be a shame though because the lad has looked much happier recently and really started to produce. Needs to **** his agent off.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

If he makes the wrong choices I can honestly see him going the rest of his career and winning very little. He'll become another player who never lived up to his potential. If he stays he can have a massive part in winning silverware in a side that seems to be gelling. He won't just be an add on.

Diego likes this.
  8. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

What I still can’t work out is what is being planned for VdB. Is he a bit part player for the less meaningful matches in the carabao cup or has he a real future at United? What does he do exactly? A holding MF or a creative one like BF or a box to box like Robbo?

why is Ole keeping him in the benches yet refusing to sell him?

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Squad depth in midfield.

He's defo getting sold in January.

Funny thing is, I don't know what he does either, no one does. Maybe if he was given a run in the league cup or something we'd find out.

Diego likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Why pay £40m for a player that only plays in League Cup? He should have been sold in the summer and start bringing one of the younger players through the ranks. We are not doing right by players with our half baked transfer policy. This is why we missed out on Jude Bellingham. He knew he wouldn’t get game time. But then we would want to pay £70m for him after one season in Germany.