1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jul 28, 2018.

1. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I don't think he wants out. It's just normal Mourinho - all about him and wants everyone to know that nothing is his fault, ever. The problem with that is it sets him against the board, the players and the fans when it should be a united front.

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

No pun intended <doh>

gav81 likes this.
  3. There is a lot of speculation that the United board is very concerned that Mourhino is on the verge of a meltdown and that it will damage United’s season and general progress.

They would have a right to be concerned, of course, because that is how it generally ends with Mourhino.

He does not have the ability that Fergie had, of getting the best out of the players that he has, so he has to resort to buying success and glory. But I cannot see that that is going to be easy in today’s market, with so much money around.

I genuinely believe that Mourhino simply is not good enough to match United’s ambitions.

gav81 and cytrax like this.
  4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You should have re-signed CR7. Canal Street could have chipped in for his wages

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Why sign a 33 year old when we can't even play our 20year old? As much as I am a fan of CR7, that is a terrible strategy. It's a tactical move and the player gains more than the club with a massive pay day.

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I agree with most of your comments but I don't agree with the last statement that Mourinho is not good enough. His credentials speak for themselves. However, the major problem with Mourinho is Mourinho. He is a defeatist, too flammable and highly petulant. It bores me listening to his stupid rants. I can only imagine players seeing him. It must seem like being forced to work with Voldemort. A buoyant club like United do not need that.

If I were the board, I would get a quality English Manager and I would not look beyond Gareth Southgate. He has proven himself that with the right tools, he has what it takes, but others may differ. Enough with foreign managers that come here to milk the clubs and mostly nothing special to show for it other than spend, spend, spend.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  7. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I'd prefer Voldemort <laugh>

I agree with most of the above except credentials don't speak for themselves. The context needs to be taken into account. Mourinho's past achievements meant nothing when he came to United - the circumstances were very different to his former clubs.

That's very nationalist. We should at least extend to Scottish, Welsh... Irish? :1980_boogie_down:

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

My view is if you buy all this **** you're a mug.

Or desperate.

Probably both.

9. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

Stop making crap up.

10. Red Hadron Collider

I was asking your (forum) views My view is that he's always been a complete ****, pre- during and post-united <ok>

bulletinthehead likes this.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

And I gave you my view mate.

Anyone who buys this United are in meltdown because Mourinho is putting on his miserable **** act is a mug.

It's pre season. Who cares an actual ****?

If I did I'd be ****ing myself into a frenzy because we just beat the European champions.

See you next Friday, we'll see then.

12. Red Hadron Collider

Nah. You'd have cut it off when we dicked you <laugh>

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats only relevant on a footballing level. What relevance is it to Jose and his telltale bitching fest?

its like saying "**** I have just been diagnosed with HIV, never mind, its only pre-season!"

You sound like one hopeful motherfucker right now Chief.
    As someone who has lived through his meltdown....twice.....let me tell you, its coming....
    Look out, in the first 2-3 games, for a major falling out between Mourinho and either a member of his technical staff or an official.
    A row which will see him fined money......

Mourinho is a first class manager, when he is being given everything he wants, as soon as he hits an obstacle he becomes a petulant child and starts throwing tantrums, lets wait and see, shall we?

He did it at Chelsea, did it at Inter, did it at Real, did it at Chelsea, again......

bulletinthehead likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Petulant child was the exact word I was thinking of before reading your message. He went as far as to suggest fans were wasting their money to watch United on the tour.. Like WTF?! Nothing good is going to come out of the current path that Mourinho has set out in this preseason tour.

Whinners annoy the f out of me!

15. Red Hadron Collider

Is arithmetic not one of your strong points? <laugh>

16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

NO! "Petulent child" is one word! :D

17. Red Hadron Collider

<laugh>