1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manchester United v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Bader would have gone round the keeper and then nodded it over the line...just wouldn't have needed to kneel down to do it that's all.

2. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

you try shagging 6 times a night then have to play footy<laugh><laugh>

Markovitch, ellandback, OLOF and 2 others like this.
  3. Makemstine Roger

ristac likes this.
  4. Makemstine Roger

we were stuffed by a multimillion pound syndicate who can have their pick of any player, in the real word we are a good team, and unless a rich Arab comes in we will hover around mid table

OLOF and Markovitch like this.
  5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Leeds don't do mid table mediocrity Roger.

We're either challenging at the top or imploding all over ourselves. You can see the signs already that after all the joy of promotion and a great first season back the natives are getting restless.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. Makemstine Roger

its just a shame its money that rules the game now and if your not awash with it then mid table will always be the best to hope for, ive come to terms with that and am happy they will only get better after this shock

OLOF, 2 pennth and Jammy 07 like this.
  7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

One of the most outstanding capabilities of George Best. Even managed it in the ref's changing room before taking the field. Basturd! <wah>

8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

£10billion 5-1 £100million

9. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With both hands!!!!!!1

10. Makemstine Roger

These buggers put a lump in my throat before full time, and no it wasn't a portion before the wise cracks come in, the heart aches and hurts inside to get beat, and all Leeds fans will be suffering today ,but we will all be back and hungry for the next one .Can we beat Everton i hope so, but i will be cheering them on

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    OLOF likes this.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I get ya, but look at Leicester.
    They should be your blueprint going forward.
    They won a league title and are picking up pots without huge outside investments or massive global fanbases.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is Leicester’s moment in time, it’s a fantastic decade for them but that’s all it will be. I give Leicester no more than three more years before they become a mid table team, they’ll be relegated within 10 years, at best they’ll be flirting with danger and they’ll become a Norwich Fulham.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You cant know that.
    But even if that did happen, so what? Clubs have their time in the limelight, then they fall out of it, then it comes round again.
    Look at Arsenal, they have a massive stadium, massive fanbase, huge investment, and they finished like 2 points and one place ahead of you.

This isnt me patronising you or telling you that you should be happy with your lot, as a fan of a super rich team like Chelsea btw, though it may be taken like that. This is me saying that Leeds spent ages outside the top flight, and now they are back in, it will take time to build yourself up and cement your place in the league and then start challenging. Leeds have a head start in that you are a much bigger name in world football than most promoted clubs and you have a great manager

14. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

After nearly 20 years of ****e I'd settle for that. A fantastic decade ahead? What's not to like?

Could do without the relegation bit at the end though but let's have the first bit first and worry about the end bit when it happens.

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just feel they’ve had the right blend at the right time, like Wilkinson did with us. I’d settle for that right now too but I’d much prefer to have that rich investor and for us to compete with Chelsea and the Manchester teams.

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You’re right, of course I can’t know that but it’s an opinion I strongly believe will happen.

I expect nothing more than a bottom half finish, I’m often told I’m too pessimistic. I’m not angered by anything Leeds United, I’ll enjoy the ride if we plod along for 2-3 years with a steady, steady approach.

I’m also realistic in that we’re just a bit better now than a Championship team but a coach that makes the average player look better. I smile when I see someone else say we might push top 6 and of course I hope I’m wrong and they’re right.

I’m referring really to a post on a thread somewhere else (or further back on this one), some Leeds fans would keep Radz and be happy with a slow continual growth, me personally I’d love it if we sold out to a billionaire willing to plough £150m in on new players season after season if need be.

I want us to compete on a continual basis with Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Man City and be playing Barcelona and Madrid and Paris St in the Champions League final. That’s never going to happen unless you can compete financially

17. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

On a more selfish note, it's all well and good getting a billionaire coming in and buying success but that means people like me who want to go and support Leeds won't be able to. That's why I enjoyed the league one and championship seasons, apart from the promotion season, tickets were easy to get. Now every man and his dog suddenly supports us.

OLOF, Whitejock, ristac and 4 others like this.
  18. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<applause>

19. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about tickets, it's difficult to get them these days. I've been there through the L1 days (and long before) so I know what it was like but you can't beat a full Elland Road. Hopefully the expansion will go ahead and it will be a bit easier in future.

xbpod likes this.