1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manchester United v Hull City Match Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Irish Tiger, May 5, 2014.

1. Irish Tiger

Irish Tiger Member

While we make a few changes it seems Rooney will be back. He always punishes us. They will not want to suffer more humiliation at Old Trafford again. Tough call tomorrow, I'm not expecting them to lie down so easily this time, although I am expecting us to perform better than Saturday (which will not be hard). Fair result if we get a draw.

2. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Shamefully I'm not going, mainly because I cannot get off work early enough to get the bus. But if it was an enjoyable experience I probably would make the effort. Years ago a fixture like this would be a must, even on a Tuesday night after a Bank Holiday week-end. Also if it was a do or die game for City I would make the effort but a trip to Old Trafford these days holds very little attraction to me.
    It's a tourists day out, sadly.

3. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Vidic's last game and Shagger Giggs may also bring himself on.

Expect a low gate as all their Oirish, Home Counties, Scandinavian supporters can't make it.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Can't be arsed, a stream will do. Unless it's on telly?

5. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

Sky reporting that Rooney is expected be absent tomorrow due to a groin injury.

6. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

Tonight's the night of arguably a game I don't think I have cared less about (Mid Table Clash and all)

Anyways, thought I would start the thread with some team news and stats

Man Utd are trying to get Wayne Rooney fit for tonight's fixture and Giggs faces a dilemma over whether or not to select himself on the bench.

Hull City Chester will be out as will Aluko, Bruce is also expected to rest players with the Cup final in mind.

Stats

Manchester United have won all five of their Premier League meetings with Hull.
    Hull have never won at Old Trafford in the league, with nine defeats and one draw in their 10 visits. Their only victory came in the third round of the FA Cup in 1952.

Manchester United

Manchester United have lost seven league games at home this season for the first time since 1973-74. The last time they lost more than seven was in 1962-63, when they suffered nine defeats.
    In their last five league matches at Old Trafford, they have taken six points from 15 (W2, L3).
    They have failed to find the net in four of their last eight league games.
    United have the third-best record in the league this season against teams in the bottom half of the table, winning 15 of their 19 matches (W15, D2, L2). Only Arsenal and Liverpool have done better.
    Wayne Rooney has scored seven goals in his last seven Premier League matches.

Hull City

Hull haven't recorded a victory since they reached the FA Cup final on 13 April. They have lost two matches and drawn one since then.
    They have won only one of their last six league matches, and they are without a win in their last four away from home.
    Steve Bruce's side have taken only eight points from their 18 matches against top-half opposition this season, which is the second-worst record in the league.
    They have won only three of their 18 matches away from home this season. Only Norwich, Cardiff and Stoke have won fewer.

Hopefully we can get a morale boosting win tonight. We are long overdue 3 points

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Our all time record against Man United - P25 / W5 / D3 / L17.

Someone did a matchday thread already by the way.

8. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

It's reassuring that, the last couple of times we have played them, we've given them a real good scare.

9. HCAFCHangout

Even in my boredom I didn't look, ah well never mind

10. AlwoodleyTiger

Says a lot about how far we've come that tonight is a meaningless fixture. Premier League safety secured, European football next season and an FA Cup final next week, we'll rest players at Old Trafford to give the likes of Koren and Quinn a run out.
    Bigger game for them, Vidic, Giggs, Evra and Ferdinand all maybe playing their last home games for Utd, we can just go and hope to spoil their farewell party.

11. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

This should be our aim tonight. They'll all be looking to leave Old Trafford on a high and we should be there to pop their balloon.

12. HCAFCHangout

I can see nicking a draw but we would have to still be at our best. United have quality in small packages now

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's the farewell game for several Man United players, they'll be up for it and we won't, if we get a draw it will be a miracle.

14. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I sort of agree although I think I'm more of the mind that if we don't get our first humping it will be a miracle, for the reasons you've mentioned.

Fingers crossed we'll have enough trying to prove a point for a start in the 2014 FA Cup Final, to be held at Wembley.

Dutch is right, its frigging brilliant typing that out, and its hard to not smile when doing it.

15. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

I bought my ticket for tonite on the basis of seeing a miracle! Figgy stopping a cross? Brucey Jun getting MOM! MU not scoring! Harps coming off his line!

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Predicted team for tonight - De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Januzaj, Mata, Kagawa and van Persie.

I'm ****ing glad Rooney's injured. :emoticon-0120-doh:

17. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Think it was a Manky.....

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

19. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I predict a Fryatt tonight.