1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Everton

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Big fan of Mikhi but he looked lazy today.

Huge fan of Hererra and I really would like to see him play more. I get why Jose likes Fellaini but it would be a shame to lose Herrera.

Lukaku is exactly what I expected. Massive threat but he needs to become a bit more clinical.

We missed Poggers today. I know it's fashionable for the ABUs to slate him but the likes of Hargreaves and Neville bang on about how influential he is. Ironically both are considered astute commentators.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It's man love not lovey love :bandit:

cytrax likes this.
  3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Pogba is world class! There should be no debate about it. He drives the midfield in a controlled tempo and makes it look easy. There's a reason why he has no competition in the French national side and he would surely walk into any other team on the planet. But hey, it's always normal to slate a United player. According to other fans, all United players are usually just a tad above average every time they put on the red shirt.

Christiansmith and Diego like this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I slate Mhiki every game and call for him to be taken off, then in the last 20 mins he always seem to produce an assist or goal that proves me wrong.

Pogba has been very good since the second half of last season, ABUs just want him to fail because of the circumstances of ex-player and price, they will remain hopeful but ultimately sick.

Lukaku is a faster version of Zlatan without the skill level, he will do very well for us and help us to more trophies.

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The thing about this season's team is that the scorelines have been more favourable than the performances. Last season it was the other way round. And I'll take that any day.

Yes, Lukaku should have scored a sure banker. But he is going to miss many as he gets and creates so many chances. The good thing is that he never gives up and he does assist too instead of being too greedy. Mikhi got an unmissable chance from his pass.

I like the way the ex-RS souness said that United scoring 4-0 when not playing well makes them "dangerous". To whom or to what? To the RS peace of mind may be :D

Today's match should have surely confirmed to the doubters (fans and neutrals) that Pogba is different class. He stands well above a very talented group of players. We missed his drive and his power in that second half when we were desperate for someone to lead our midfield. I think JM will keep Fellaini as his replacement. He may not have Pogba 's vision and creativity but he is effective in cutting the long balls and he can score goals too.

6. Christiansmith

I believe that now we have a strong squad and not just a good 11 and that we do have really solid alternatives in most positions. Martial could have come earlier for a strangely subdued Rashford. Lingard had a good game when he came on. But I would always start with Mikhi because he could score or make the killer pass at any time with a flash of brilliance.

So far most of JM's substitutions have worked. Lingard came on and reinforced that left side. Herrera strengthened the midfield and martial as usual could frighten defenders with his pace, coming on when they are really tired.

cytrax likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So far they have been/seemed brilliant, Martial. Rashford, Lingard and Fellaini have all scored/assisted off the bench sometimes doing both.

Christiansmith likes this.
  8. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I don't know why it is, but Rashford and Martial always seem to come on and make a difference when used as a substitute but neither seems to make much of an impact when they start.

Its a trend I have noticed so far this season. It's easy to say they are better at taking on defenders who are tiring when they are fresh, but I'm sure there has to be more to it than that.

Martial will probably start the next game after Rashfords poor game today, but no doubt he'll play poor and Rashford will come on and score <laugh>

Diego and Christiansmith like this.
  9. Christiansmith

Actually I think it is exactly that. Each of them are really fast but they are different in the way they go past defenders. A defender has been trying to cope with Rashford for 70 minutes. Then on comes Martial. He will need to deal with a different style. That is why Rashford and Martial are more effective as subs. They face tired and "confused" defenders.<laugh>

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, one has a tendency to cut inside and the other to go straight to the byline and cut the ball back (or cross). Different problems from two very fast players.

11. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

if I where a rival manager coming up against us, I'd genuinely have a couple of fresh full backs sitting on the bench to counteract us when we bring on fresh legs on the wings, as the subs in wide areas are blowing teams away in the last 20mins.

Not that I'm trying to give the opposition any ideas <laugh>

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Diego likes this.
  12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I firmly believe Mourinho is one of the smartest managers around. His substitutions are not accidental. I particularly like the way he simplifies sh*. Wenger and Pep in particular think football is some PhD philosophy sh* which is utter non-sense! Wenger has failed too many times for me to even count his opinion as relevant. Pep needs all the money in the world to make an already good side look better. Overall, Jose is more adaptive in his approach. He will be defensive based on requirements and resources. But as we have seen over and over, his teams can score tons of goals when he gets his way with the squad.

Just like Diego, I fell in man-love with this twat after watching this.. LOL

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh> Now you get it <ok>

14. Christiansmith

What we have restored this season and for the first time since Ferguson retired, is that fear factor. You could sense that from Everton, with 9 players playing far too deep behind the ball. When they had the ball their attack petered out as they had no one far enough in front.

Diego likes this.
  15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why do you think Guardiola spent £130m on full backs this season alone?

You can smell the #fear drifting out of the Etihad <ok>

King Shergar likes this.
  16. Christiansmith

Some are already saying that we are in this "false" position because we have only played the bottom weakest five teams: West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, Stoke and Everton. Let's see what will happen they said when United meet ,as well as the top 6, the likes of WBA, Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Watford, Burnley Southampton and the others. They may well be right but I don't see these teams as much stronger than the ones we've played so far.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It's an idiotic rationalization as they always do with United. You only have to look at the teams that we dropped points against last season to see that yet again, they are already trying to downplay our progress. Last season, we were already struggling to beat teams at OT. On the other hand, I am now hearing that City will now rule the world. Already Aguero/Jesus are now being compared a the greatest strike force since Jesus Christ had Judas as a disciple after five matches and are expected to score 70 between them in the league this season.So yeah, such is the weird hyperbole.