1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Brighton

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

They?

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Are you pissed again?

The club, the sporting director, the chairman and Ten Hag. You know, when he arrived in May?

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I would imagine that many at the club knew (the same as most supporters) that Pogba was not going to sign a new contract way before may and the other two had not been offered one. Season ends in May mate so it's only polite to sort out who is leaving well before then.
    What has this got to do with a new manager who only met his players 4/5 weeks ago?

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

So what has the new manager meeting his players got to do with Keane talking about planning to replace players that you've just admitted were known by the club to be leaving when Ten Hag arrived on that Monday in May? Almost 3 months ago, not 5 weeks <ok>

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Maybe we had a big squad and some talented youngsters that he wanted to assess first before any players were bought?
    He wouldn't have been able to do that until he started the job with the players 5 weeks ago because there were no players there.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's unlikely but there is that. Nevertheless I would still expect the sporting director together with the chief exec to have some planning in place for prospective purchases, especially for the CM position which almost certainly would need a new signing (in case Ten Hag didn't think the youngsters were ready). Isn't that part of their job, especially the sporting director? I think that would've been a realistic expectation when he arrived.

Diego likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I keep thinking of the statement Ten Hag has made several times, "yes we need players but the right players"
    This makes me think he want's to pick them not have them foisted on him by someone else. Give the man the job and let him do it then success or failure is down to him with no recriminations.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Do you think he picked Aunautovic (spelling)?

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Maybe not, could be McClaren suggestion.

Diego and luvgonzo like this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Possibly, he knows him and for £8m as a back up for a couple of seasons it's **** all.