1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

managers sacked

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Nov 20, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Now Pulis goes, managed 10+ years at Stoke and has had 9 managerial posts [2 at Stoke]
    A trend seems to be more and more in the offing as managers are very lucky should they be with a club for more than 2 seasons.
    We have seen it at City, sometimes it needs a complete rebuild and a strong heart to get the bits into place.

Moyes said it yesterday
    "I always thought this was a big job. Some big players with big reputations disappointed me a lot.
    I thought they would show me more. They need to show me why they have got that reputation.

I don't enjoy the performance and I expected us to do better"

Is it the amount of money awash in some of the prem and ex prem teams that spill over to the players with lesser talents and inflate their prices .... and allow an otherwise above average player 6 on a scale of 10.
    Certainly a lot of these players do seem to be the stars of one club, go for silly money but do not hack it at another!

City finally took the bull by the horns and after a few false starts "the 5 pillars" or a close rendition of it seems to be working. Some of the most successful companies in the world rarely take the majority of their workforce from a general "out of work, be it by redundancy or "choice" pool " They prefer a blank canvass to get those individuals trained in "their way" [? one of the big car companies?]
    Blag a managers job, hold it for a year or so , get sacked have a years holiday .........

2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

100% agree. I have said for years that the Premier League is spoiling football in England as too many average mercanary footballers are being paid wildly exorbitant wages, often at the expense of good young talent is killing the game.

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

David Moyes ....

Hart
    Zabaleta
    Reid
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Kouyaté
    Noble ...Booked at 83mins
    Obiang ...Booked at 41mins
    Arnautovic ...Booked at 35mins .. Substituted forMasuakuat 74'minutes
    Carroll ...Booked at 28mins ...Substituted forSakhoat 65'minutes
    Lanzini
    Substitutes
    Adrián
    Sakho
    Masuaku
    Martinez
    Fernandes
    Quina
    Rice
    just 4 of those that played were English only used 2 subs, AND HE IS LOOKONG FOR CLASS ACTS?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017