1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manager

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Now that the season is over, we have time to reflect at what went on concerning our manager.
    I speak for myself only. ...... over the season, I was a critic of the manager of his decisions or non -decisions. Of the subs he used, when they were not my choice.
    Thinking over all that took place over the season. I feel a little ashamed at being such an unfair critic of this Manager after what he has achieved under difficult circumstances., Owners that he seldom sees, or even talks to. ...... not able to spend any money on signing players. ........ only able to bring players in on loan . Half his team were loan players. ....... had to rely heavily on young players. ......... Any player of note and worth any money had to be transfered. . ........ his hands seem to have been tied everywhere.
    Compared to managers of the last few years he easily comes out on top. ...... To take us into the top six with what he has had to put up with, must be a great achievement for him on his first shot as senior manager. ...... I could not have done better, so I have no right to run him down
    If you listen to pundits and press writers, they seem to think that he has done a wonderful job .
    The players seem to think a lot of him, ( just one question being Celina). Some loan players want to return.
    I know a lot of you will disagree with me , pointing out his errors. ..... we all make errors, and we all learn by them..... I don't think he deserves some of the abuse we give him, and personally I hope he has another go as our Manager next season again. O.K. You may not agree, but we respect each other's views.. ..... Looking forward to next season.

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Good post Victor , I can understand and accept people make mistakes, I know I have throughout my life , but to see him repeating the same ones is frustrating to say the least . On reflection as you've pointed out and I agree he has done a good job in very trying circumstances that's why I'm not too upset on losing last night because I do understand but to be so near and to see our chances wiped out in basically 45 minutes of football when we knew what the lads could have achieved (and I include management) soured it a bit . As you say onwards and upwards with Cooper

3. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

When the appointment was made I admit my loins weren’t exactly stirred- but as the boys above have said, lots achieved in a relatively short period under circumstances beyond his control (COVID & Perm xfer / cash embargo). So now he’s proved to be up to the challenge, let’s hope our loanees can/want to stay on an extra year, and he’s given a wad of cash* to strengthen at the back, and bring in a traditional #9. Keeping AA is a must, which I can’t believe I’m saying - but he too proved me wrong this (protracted) season. Well done Mr C, looking fwd to next season (next week?lol) ... now push on to obtain then maintain a top 2 spot.

*that may be a stretch I admit

4. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

With the yanks still looking like they have no intention of putting thier thier hands in thier pockets to help out our club next term. It will be bargain basement time again for bringing players in, bumming loan players from fa darling clubs is all we can expect. May as well try local and Welsh talent to fill the depleted ranks, when this terms tidy players fek off ! we may struggle but it would make a point that money and unfairness has ruined football from bottom to bottom half of prem. Most clubs are struggling businesses now and not for the fans enjoyment anymore but for the likes of sky etc. If not Cooper then who ?