1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man of Steel

Discussion in 'Movies' started by chelsea - over 100 years of history, Jun 19, 2013.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Went to see this on the big screen on Monday.

Have to say, absolutely loved it. A fresh take on Superman as opposed to the rehash that was Superman Returns. I can understand some of the comments that it's not fun in the way the Donner movies were, but this is a new and a more 'realistic' take on the character.

Really hits the ground running in ther opening 20 mins or so on Krypton and the final act is jaw dropping. More than makes up for the action light Bryan Singer movie.

Great casting, suit looked great, effects were brilliant etc. Special mention for the amazing music of Hans Zimmer; nothing as iconic as the Williams theme but so emotionally and tonally perfect for this film. Russell Crowe was a particular highlight as Jor-El, and the character was given a lot more screen time than Brando's version.

The Clark / Lois relationship was the only real element that felt under developed but not a bad thing if it meant keeping the running time under 2 1/2 hours and leaves something to develop in the next one.

All in all, a great cinematic experience. A solid 4/5 if not 5/5.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

will be having a gander at the weekend

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm not a Superman fan but with Nolan doing the film I will be watching this one.