1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man City Post Record £194.9million Loss

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Gazautd, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Metaphorically, yes. But please, enlighten me otherwise. Whatever reason he chose City, it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference to the rest of it.

Well done in completely ignoring the rest by the way, is that your way of admitting I am completely correct? I honestly don't think your average football fan cares a jot about your ten year plan, however righteous you might think it is.

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I guess it depends on your opinion on life. Who do you think deserves more respect? The student who works hard to pay their own tuition fees, or the one who has them all paid by their rich parents? The kid who qualifies for uni cos they've worked hard and are naturally intelligent, or the kid who qualifies for uni cos their parents pay for private school and personal tutors? The guy who gets a job cos he's the best candidate, or the guy who gets a job cos of who he knows? If you're a person who doesn't see any difference in those approaches then I guess you probably won't see the difference in the football club example.

From what I've heard, which is admittedly most rumour, Mansour and co basically just went down the league and revenue tables from the top, and bought the first club that was for sale and not too expensive relative to income. Utd and Chelsea weren't for sale, Arsenal and Liverpool were too expensive, Everton and Villa also not for sale so they went for City. However it happened, I doubt it was due to some great attraction to the club, its history or anything else about it. After all, the main goal was to get publicity for Abu Dhabi, so they'll get that from the money they spend rather than the specific club they choose.

3. marbella blue

marbella blue Member

From what I've heard, which is admittedly most rumour, you are one sick jealous b*****d who spouts on in the most condecending (probably spelt wrong, which you will highlight of course) way, your arrogance is typical Bacon Face and why you are the most hated plastics in the country, so why don't you just F**k Off and Die you M****h C**T. By the way got any stats and %s about the 1 - 6

4. RipleysCat

RipleysCat Member

What am I supposed to garner from this? That life is somehow unfair? That one person deserves respect more than another because of circumstance? I do see the difference in the approaches, that is not my point. My point is that what we are seeing at City is an approach that is undertaken and just as valid in business throughout the world. The idea of investing into something to reap the financial dividend further down the line. If it transpires that the owners do get a return on their investment, then their business plan would have been a success. I respect that as much as I respect the small businessman who invests his own money in order to get his own business up and running and makes a success of it.

If we are not to respect that, then why should anyone respect what happened at United at the start of the 20th Century? Or Arsenal around the same period? Or any of the other many examples throughout the history of football? The principle is, after all, exactly the same.

You heard that Everton were also not for sale in 2008? That seems to contradict what Bill Kenwright has been saying for the past god-knows how long. Anyway, who did you hear this from? And if it was true, then surely it would indeed have been Everton who ADUG had purchased in 2008, and not City. But I do agree with you - City wasn't purchased by Sheikh Mansour because he had a huge affection to the club (attraction is clearly the wrong word), and the main goal indeed is to get publicity for Abu Dhabi. In that respect, is his business approach paying dividends already? What kind of effect has buying City had on his vested business interests overall?

5. RipleysCat

RipleysCat Member

Indeed it is righteous. And also factual. And you're absolutely right - the average football fan clearly doesn't care a jot about it. Which will make them ignorant of what actually is happening and projected to happen at City. Which renders their opinion on the matter redundant.

As for the reasons why Sheikh Mansour bought the club, I touched on those in my previous post.

And as for "ignoring the rest of your post", yes you are indeed correct in regards to the Stock Exchange point. I'm not disputing that.

6. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, which is admittedly most rumour, you are one sick jealous b*****d who spouts on in the most condecending (probably spelt wrong, which you will highlight of course) way, your arrogance is typical Bacon Face and why you are the most hated plastics in the country, so why don't you just F**k Off and Die you M****h C**T. By the way got any stats and %s about the 1 - 6

Don't go representing my club with this vile ****,you should be ashamed

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Fair enough, like I said up the thread good luck to you. To be fair, it shouldn't be United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal fans bleating about the unfairness in this. Spurs and the geordies seeing their top four dreams diminished by a wealthy clubs are the ones who will doubtless continue to moan about it though.

For me, it gives us one more challenge to rise to after blowing Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal and Chelsea right out of the water.

8. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

Just imagine how boring it would be walking to the 6th PL in a row.

Hope Chelsea MKII can do better and not disappear as soon as the 200 mil a year spending stops.

9. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

What a s..thole it is. You don't 'live' in Altrincham. You exist

10. Devlin

Devlin Member

Astounds me that Man United being the top team for the last 20 years isn't killing off competition and City having 1 or 2 good seasons is :/ a new challenger comes in regardless of the circumstance but they have killed off competition in the 1 season they have had a realistic challenge for the PL title?

But don't let facts get in the road of your argument.

11. HammersmithBlue

United fans are just jealous of the fact that no one cares about them and their boring club these days.

For the neutral: City are the club to watch, read about and talk about now.

12. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

Man united didn't kill of competition, they are the team to beat. Numero uno, the big cheese etc. United *are* the competition.

Now instead of competing with United and each other, teams also have to compete with 2 clubs who spend 5X what they earn, get constant CL revenue they don't even need and when they fall short go out and spend half a billion on new players.

Yeah its really increasing competition buying 2 out of the top 4 spots... increases the competition for fourth place maybe. Meanwhile its still a two horse race at the top and one of the two is still united.

All city have done is overtake Chelsea as the artificially bought competition and reduced the prospects of real football clubs from mounting a challenge.

13. HammersmithBlue

Boo hoo. he's got more money than me; life's not fair

14. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

You are right. If City win anything we will just be ashamed because we won't be impressing you "real" fans. Dick!

15. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

Chelsea had more money than united for years.

Chelsea have now been seen off and city have maybe a few years at the top before they fade back down the table. Citys downfall will coincide nicely with the FFP rules and being unable to go out and spend several hundred million a year, the only way they can compete.

Just a shame decent well run clubs are getting screwed outta the CL spots by you undeserving lot in the meantime.

16. HammersmithBlue

Yep like Newcastle, so well-run by Ashley etc

17. StJohn_Red_Legend

StJohn_Red_Legend Active Member

Hilarious <laugh>

Blow Liverpool out of the water? Nice one. L'Arse, perhaps, but not us Reds
    Got any more about blowing Citeh in OT this season too? :emoticon-0112-wonde

Nah, didn't think so.:smiley-finger007:

18. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

The only way my team was ever going to be able to break the monopoly at the top of the PL was to buy world class players we didnt have the money to do that so welcomed our new owner with open arms, if you don't think i am proud to see my team at the top of the PL and (at least temporarily) playing in the CL you need your ****ing head read.
    Another bonus is we will continue to keep one of the old regular top four teams out of the top, happy days.

19. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

please log in to view this image

20. HammersmithBlue

And norse United fans!!!