1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man City make Mahrez inquiry

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jan 30, 2018.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

2. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

I can’t agree with that Proud, sorry........ it’s a job he does and a cushy well paid one !
    People apply for their dream job day in,day out but don’t get depressed and reclusive because they were unsuccessful ? He’s being disrespectful to the fans,the club,the manager ,teammates and to people who are genuinely suffering with depression imho?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    jambawamba and nzfoxfan like this.
  3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I dont agree but thats the position the club have to take IMO

When people say they have mental health problems their employers are obliged to help them not make it worse

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

That's true Proud ... but there is a fundamental difference between clinical depression and feeling depressed ... particularly when the latter is more accurately acute disappointment ...

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Rumours that Mahrez will be back at training today ... but I would be very surprised if he is in the match day squad tomorrow.

People will react to his 're-integration' in different ways - because we are all human. For me, booing or abusing him serves absolutely no purpose and may cause further disruption - many of his team mates seem fond of him and won't appreciate it. He was wrong to sulk and go missing but that's it - fine him and then move on.

He's a footballer ... not a "Leicester lad" ... I doubt he is any more, or less, 'loyal' than any other player we have - Riyad's real crime is that being as good as he is he will attract far more suitors and bids ... we are not going to get clubs coming in trying to unsettle the likes of Albrighton, Simpson or King with ridiculously high bids ... we may get offers if they are not playing regularly - and Vardy didn't move to Arsenal because he had concerns about how he would fit in - not because he couldn't bare to leave us - will be the same for every other player - but as fans we have a very different feel for our club - which is of course why we support them.

: lcfc